Indians in Manchester??????

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by Hassini, May 23, 2008.

1. geetaa

geetaa New IL'ite

Hello,

I have been in UK for 9 years, like the idea of meeting up everyone from India....any idea how we can pm each other with our details?

1 person likes this.
  2. Dsang

Dsang New IL'ite

Hi
    We moved here recently as well. Good to see the thread.. How can we get in touch?

1 person likes this.
  3. peace3

peace3 Senior IL'ite

Hi! We are planning to move to Manchester and would like some information about the place. Which are safe family areas to live in and with good transport facilities? Also which areas have Indian grocery stores? I found that on this thread there are people living in Withington, Wythenshawe, Burnage, Altrincham etc. Is it safe to live and also walk about for a person who does not drive? Are there a lot of burglaries and muggings as read a lot about it in newspapers?

4. peace3

peace3 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sijy, can you please let me know whether Fallowfield is a safe area to live in with good transport and shopping facilities? Thanks

5. peace3

peace3 Senior IL'ite

Hi AP22, can you please let me know whether Didsbury is safe to live in? Is there much difference between West and East Disbury?

6. peace3

peace3 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sirisyam, i am not sure whether you will reply as this is an old thread. I am especially interested in knowing about how safe is Withington?

7. ragdev

ragdev New IL'ite

Hi Peace3,
    Fallowfield has a good transport and shopping facilities like Sainsbury's and it is a student area, there is a Uni campus. So, there are lot of thefts for laptops and things. Withington is much decent and safe and nice place to live with good transport and shopping access. East & West Didsbury are posh areas and decent but expensive bcs of the area. Hope this helps. All the best!

8. rspai86

rspai86 New IL'ite

Hi Peace3,
    I have moved in recently to Didsbury, Manchester.

Didsbury is a lovely place to live in. It has several parks, restaurants and is well connected to the city center via the tram network. Burton Road and East Didsbury are the closest stations.

Didsbury has a young, vibrant feel to it.

Also, It is only about 2 miles away from Rusholme, an asian area from where I shop for Indian groceries.

There is not much of a difference between East and West Didsbury.

Withington is close to the Didsbury area. I would definitely prefer living in Didsbury. Some areas of Withington have a rundown, council feel to it. That's my personal opinion.

Hope this info isn't too little too late.

Regards

9. rspai86

rspai86 New IL'ite

Hi AP22,

I'm Radhika.

I moved in to Didsbury, Manchester in July 2013 from Mumbai due to my husbands transfer here.

Do you still live in Didsbury?.. I would love to make friends here.

10. rspai86

rspai86 New IL'ite

Hello all,

I'm Radhika. New to both Indus and the UK. Originally from Mumbai, I moved to Didsbury,Manchester in July 2013 after my husband got transferred here.

I do not have kids yet, relatively newly married. I love cooking, (more importantly eating ;) ) and meeting and chatting with people.

Have recently managed to bag a job in Manchester, will join soon.

Would like to improve my non existent social life... Would like to make friends here..Anybody interested ??

Radhika