Indians in Kuwait

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by tehzeeb, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAJINI

RAJINI New IL'ite

Re: Indians in Kuwait SOS SOS SOS

Hi,
    The cost of liviing depends on many factors. You can take an approximate figures:
    House rent: From KD 180 to 250 for a 2 bedroom house ( small about 600 sft )
    The grocery / vegetables , etc will be about KD 100 to 150 depending upon your styple of eating and living. Schooling will be about KD 40 to 70 per kid per 3 months or so ( may be u can budget upto KD 100 ) The transport expense depend on what type u choose. Car pick up can cost about KD 30 to 40 per month. This is minimum you need YOu have to see oterh wise your life style and match with it.
    Wish you all the best

2. asavari75

asavari75 New IL'ite

Hi Rajani,
    Thank you for the response. apart from the cost i would like to know about the life for kids. do the apartments you have mentioned at 250KD have a play area for the kids to play outside? what about sports? can you send the kids to coaching for any sports? will they have company of other children to play with? what about the weather? in the summer do they have to be in the house all day long?
    Alos since i am new to the site can you tell me how i can trace the responses i have received for my mails? i get lost here!
    you have been a life saver. please i need one more favour, can you tell me if you know of the place mina al zour? that is where my husband will be working. how are fahaheel or mandaf to stay in?
    do write back soon. and thank you once again.
    Regards,
    Asavari

3. asavari75

asavari75 New IL'ite

Hi nimika,
    This is asavari from India. my husband ahs an offer in Kuwait and we may move to fahaheel. can you let me know the life for kids there? can they go out to play in the evenings? do you have facilities for sports coaching? my son is 6 and daugher 3 and on their days off they are never in the house. so that is my biggest concern fior the moment.
    Do reply at the earliest. my decision to move may be based on what you have to say!
    Regards,
    Asavari

4. asavari75

asavari75 New IL'ite

Re: Ladies from kuwait - Introduce yourselves here !

hi basinintinct,
    maza naav asavari aahe. i am really bed at writting marathi in eaglisk but i too am from aamchi mumabi and may shift to kuwait. i have a few questions can you throw some light on any of them? i know you are single and may have a tough time with this but absolutely anytihng will help as i am drowing in worry at the moment! my husband has an offer from kuwait in mina al zour. we will be moving to fahaheel or mangaf, if we take the offer.
    I have two children aged 6 and 3. do kids play outside there? do they have company of other kids in the housing complexes. what about sports coaching? i know you don't have kids but i don't know who else to ask. i have posted these questions on IL too but have not received a response yet and we will have to deciede in 2 days as to whether we will be willing to shift. also do women work? are jobs available? could you ask around about childcare? are maids easily available? are they indian? can i bring my own maid from here with me?
    what is the rent for a decent 3BHK furnished flat in fahaheel or mangaf? do women drive? can you go shopping on your own? what about clothes? how conservative is kuwait?
    enough for now, or i will scare you off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i really hope to get a reponse from you, a lot depends on what i find out.
    please repond kar. kahihi mahiti chalel. me kiti desperate aahe bagh me marathit lihite aahe:drowning

5. asavari75

asavari75 New IL'ite

hi Madhuri,
    Let me introduce myself first. I'm Asavari from mumbai. my husband has an offer from kuwait and that is the reason i am writting to you.
    i'm brain dead thinking about what life will be like over there. we will be moving to fahaheel or mangaf, if we take the offer. and there my questions begin. i will know the details of the offer for my husband in a couple of days, as he is in kuwait as i write to discuss the same. but please please please help me to have a fair idea of life there.
    I have two children aged 6 and 3. do kids play outside there? do they have company of other kids in the housing complexes. what about sports coaching? i know you don't have kids but i don't know who else to ask. i have posted these questions on IL too but have not received a response yet and we will have to deciede in 2 days as to whether we will be willing to shift. also do women work? are jobs available? could you ask around about childcare? are maids easily available? are they indian? can i bring my own maid from here with me?
    what is the rent for a decent 3BHK furnished flat in your area. do women drive? can you go shopping on your own? what about clothes? how conservative is kuwait?
    Regards,
    Asavari

6. asavari75

asavari75 New IL'ite

Hi Sowmya,
    I too am an MBA in finance. would love to ehar from you.
    Let me introduce myself first. I'm Asavari from mumbai. I currently live in hazira surat gujarat india. my husband has an offer from kuwait and that is the reason i am writting to you. I'm really sorry to write to you without your permission but desperate times call for desperate measures!
    now the desperation, i'm brain dead thinking about what life will be like over there. we will be moving to fahaheel or mangaf, if we take the offer. and there my questions begin. i will know the details of the offer for my husband in a couple of days, as he is in kuwait as i write to discuss the same. but please please please help me to have a fair idea of life there.
    what is the rent for a decent 3BHK furnished flat in your area. do women drive? can you go shopping on your own? what about clothes? how conservative is kuwait?
    Regards,
    Asavari

7. anubala123

anubala123 New IL'ite

Hi,

I see ur concerned bout ur move to Kwi.. well yeah it is a big decision.. Life here is diff whn compared to India. Cost of living aint that bad or high.. U will easily get a 2 B/R in fahaheel or mangaf for around 200 KD ormaybe less.. grocery and clothes are affordable for all.. depends whr u goin to shop from bringin a maid isnt easy. u will have to come here first adn then find out the procedures its a bit comlicated and as far as i knw monthly income has to be more than 500 KD month.. and.. well regarding kids to play around and all that u will hve to come here and find a flat whr u hve families living. generaly in KWI bachelors ARE NOT allowed to live in buildings occupied by families .. there are play schools and loads of activites for kids too.. weather is harsh during summers but not to worry . everythign from house to bus to school to grocery is air conditioned. so dotn worry bout that.. rest u can ask if u hve any doubts..

tc , cheers
    anu

8. anubala123

anubala123 New IL'ite

hi there,

I am new in kwi.. have been here only 3 mnths.. i live in salmiya. do u know any ladies gym i could join here.. wht else do women do here to kill time sorry but im not working im a housewife for now..

thank you

tc, cheers

anu

9. swetha1983

swetha1983 New IL'ite

Hi swetha, are you in kuwait am also from chennai

10. RAJINI

RAJINI New IL'ite

Hello Friend,

Most of the residence are in apartments ( though many Villas are available in various areas ) for the rent range of KD 250.00 per month. In some of the areas many Indians live and in such apartments, there would possibility of making friends and kids would also be available. Well! in some areas you would be able to enroll children into active sports, culural acitivites like music, dance, instruments, karate, etc.

Summer will be very hot! Like the temp reaching over 45/ 47 deg C. If you have experience of Hydrabad, Bhopal, Indore, Delhi, etc.. which are hot and no humidy ( dry heat ). This is common in Kuwait during SUmmer -- from May to Aug/Sep
    From Oct/Nov temp is cool and Dec to Feb/ Mar, it is pretty cold with cool breeze. The temp reaching as low is 10 to 15 deg C. You need strong wollens during the winter with heater at home.
    Better log-in frequently to the site and chek postings ( i don't know about emails ). May be you have to go to account profile in Indusladies and check for email receipts if any option is there.
    I don't know where is Mina Al Zour. Mina means Port. I tried to see where is Mina Al Zour in Wikimapia / Googe earth. This place seems to be further ahead of Fahaheel area. You may also see in Google earth / Wikimapia. There seems to be a power plant in Mina AL zour.
    Yes! Fahaheel or Mangaf is right place to live. Both places have many Indians and you will get Indian stuff Super market suitable for home running!
    All the best!! Cheers!!!
    Look forward to adding one more Indian family in Kuwait

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.