1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Kentucky (KY) - Introduce yourself here!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Kentucky' started by bipasha, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Ramyanandh

Ramyanandh New IL'ite

Hi All,

Iam currently living in New Jersey, we are going to move to Kentucky in the month of march. Could anybody pl give me suggestions about good locations/apartments over there? I have a pre-k daughter, hence information on good school districts would be useful to me. Also, I would like to meet new friends living in Kentucky/Louisville. Iam glad I found this site. Thanks in advance.

Ramya

2. uma6face

uma6face New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I'm uma.I am new to this site also to US. I'm in Louisville. Happy to see a separate thread for indians in Kentucky. Can anyone from Louisville please guide me where to buy groceries, veg and other things i need to buy here for my home.

3. sverma

sverma New IL'ite

hi

We are moving to lexington ky next month. Can someone let me know about good neighbourhoods and apartment to live in.

Swati

4. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Hi KY Ladies..

I moved to Louisville recently. So far, liking this place as its not too crowded and traffic is not much heavy. I must admit that the people too are very polite and friendly compared to the place I lived before.

Are there any ILs here in Louisville? Seems the indian population is less here. I've been looking for indian grocery; so far been to Patels and Subzi Mandi. Their inventory is not so wide and I found the frozen food in Subzi Mandi are too old and stale. Any other suggestions for a good Indian grocery?

I'm also looking for a driving instructor/school; any inputs? Are there any good chinese stores around where we get fresh veggies and fish? Any stores for fresh fish?

By the way, KY is said to be low on cost of living. I didnt find this place any better other than the apartment rent. The price in most of the stores match other states; sometimes are expensive too..

Long post.. hmm :)

Indu..

5. ramya1111

ramya1111 New IL'ite

Hi I'm Ramya, we live in Frankfort, KY and work for the state here. I have a kid, a 4 year old. I would like to make friends with people living around the Frankfort area (Georgetown, Lexington, Frankfort etc.). Contact me also if you have a small child and want to set up a play date or something.

6. ukchitra

ukchitra New IL'ite

Hi all,

I 'm Uma living in Frankfort & working for the commonwealth of KY here. I am a KY resident from this month only.

Catch you all later

7. stanya

stanya New IL'ite

Hi Friends...i'll be moving to Louisville from Houston,TX this month. Would love to know more about the state :))

Lets connect here :))

8. akhila

akhila New IL'ite

Hi Ramya & Uma,
    I know this is reallyyy lateeee..!!
    but just curious..!! R u stilll in Frankfort, ky?

9. Rinkysush

Rinkysush New IL'ite

Hi all
    I am from union city ky.
    I am on H4.
    I am working with a group of people and looking for people who can join us
    Only serious enquirers plz message me

This is an ecomerce business opportunity where we are working with lots of national brands like apple,Macy's,target s nd etc....we are helping them to grow from offline to online

If u are interested then send me personal message
    Thanks

10. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

Hi.. So nice to find someone living in Elizabethtown! I live in Elizabethtown too..