1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Folsom, CA

Discussion in 'Indians in Sacramento' started by Mom2girls, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Mom2girls

Mom2girls New IL'ite

Hi, we r planning to move to folsom from bayarea. I have 2 daughters & I wanted to know how big is the indian community in folsom? Are there cultural classes like bharatnatyam, carnatic music available?
    thanks

2. fellowblogger

fellowblogger Silver IL'ite

I lived in folsom for close to five years. even I had moved from bay area. Waterford apartments (promestheus) was the best with respect to quality of living and the indian crowd. there are lot of Indians no need to worry about it. itz not as big as bay area I mean fremont etc but it is really good. it is totally safe and natoma station elementary school is right opp to this apartment. and it has lot of indian kids. well I stayed there till end of 2012 and I hope nothing much has changed from then. hope this info helps.

3. Mom2girls

Mom2girls New IL'ite

Hi fellowblogger,
    we r planning to move to gold ridge elementary school area. Do you know anything about the school? Also, do you have indian grocery etc? R there cultural activities for kids ( classes like bharatnatyam, vocal ) etc.
    thanks

4. fellowblogger

fellowblogger Silver IL'ite

yes I have heard that itz a good school. most of the schools in folsom are really good. in blue ravine road therez a indian community center, I have heard that they teach bharatanatyam over there. I am sure you will find someone who can teach classical music aswell..you can log into kannadasanghaofsacramento.com and ask for info they will help you. with respect to groceries, you will definetly feel the difference, because it is not as big as the one we have in fremont. but most of the indians shop for veg in winco which is in blue ravine road and they go to indian stores (desi bazar) which is pretty far (and I have forgotten the location) once in a fortnight or so. you will get some indian groceries in winco aswell, like whole wheat, brown rice, etc. there are some indian stores In folsom itself like Malabar, which people use for emergency purpose because of price difference.

5. vansun

vansun New IL'ite

Hi,

From your name, i guessyou have girls. We also moved to the same area i.e goldridge elementary school area and also have the same questions. Maybe we should get together sometime. BTW, I have 2 girls as well.. :) Would love to hear back and make new friends..

6. Mom2girls

Mom2girls New IL'ite

Hi vansun,
    i havent moved to the area yet. I currently live in sunnyvale. Yes! I have 2 girls, 3 yr old & 3 months old:)). Are you already in folsom? How do you like the area?
    thanks

7. Mom2girls

Mom2girls New IL'ite

Hi, Can somebody suggest a good preschool in folsom for a 3.5 yrs old?
    thanks

8. Mom2girls

Mom2girls New IL'ite

Hii..So we r finally moving to folsom mid-may. We will be living in iron pointe road. Would love to connect with people living in the neighborhood since I dont know anybody there. I have 2 daughters 4 mnth old & 3.5 yrs old.

thanks

9. prikapin

prikapin New IL'ite

Hi, Did you move to folsom? I think i am late in replying but folsom is safe and have good schools for kids....I live in folsom near gold ridge school and have a 10 month old daughter...let me know if u need any help. We can get in touch sometime...

10. Mom2girls

Mom2girls New IL'ite

Hi prikapin..thnx for replying..v r moving to folsom this long weekend..will surely like to get to know you..my email id is: priya410@gmail.com. If you email me, i will send u my ph no. Then we can talk.
    thnx