1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Folsom and surrounding areas

Discussion in 'Indians in Sacramento' started by rus1817, May 13, 2015.

1. rus1817

rus1817 New IL'ite

Hello!

we are planning to move to Folsom area next month. What areas are good for renting that have Indian and Telugu population? If anyone here is renting or subletting their place, please let me know.

We have a 2 yr old who needs full time day care. Any recommendations for a good day care centers?

For buying a home, which area has good Indian and Telugu population?

Any recommendations on good Indian grocery stores and restaurants?
    Are there any temples nearby?
    Any Indian or Telugu groups in the area? Any celebrations / get together events for Indian community?

thank you all.

2. AS86

AS86 Silver IL'ite

Folsom is a nice neighborhood with a huge Indian population and Indian restaurants. You'll find many nice apartment complexes there. I live in North Natomas, which also has a very large Indian population. Folsom is generally very safe you don't need to worry about such issues. I'm not sure about daycare as I don't have a kid. There is a Telugu association here called Telugu Association of Greater Sacramento. i don't know much about them because I am not Telugu, but I've heard they're very active. There are other associations here too and they host a big Diwali and independence day celebration every year. Mylapore (Folsom) and Ruchi Indian cuisine (Folsom and Natomas) are great restaurants. There are also tons of other good ones.

Folsom is definitely one of the most expensive locations in Sacramento. Natomas is much more affordable both for buying and renting. There can be over 100k difference in prices between Natomas and Folsom. But the schools in Folsom are very good, so there is an advantage in that.

There are two temples in the Sacramento area - one is Lakshmi Narayan Temple and the other is Siddhi Vinayak Temple. As far as I know, Lakshmi Narayan has North Indian priests and Siddhi Vinayak is South Indian. Google them and you'll find their location and services.

Good luck.

3. rus1817

rus1817 New IL'ite

Thank you AS86AS86. Very useful information. We will move these by end of the month. it will be nice to meet other people in the area.