Indians in Denmark?

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by nirmala1709, Jan 6, 2008.

1. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi smbhatt (Swetha)

I hope you have arrived in Denmark by now. I was in India for more than a month and that is why I could not reply you immediately. There is no such place here dominated by asians. Asians are everywhere. The best advice I can give you is that you try to mingle with danes and know their culture, traditions etc. At the same time let the danes know you, your tradition and culture. Danes are very friendly once you get to know them.

You may send me a private message with your email id so that I can send mine. By the way in which city are you staying now? Looking forward to hear from you. Take care.
    Regards
    Nirmala

2. kushuma

kushuma New IL'ite

hi Nirmala...how r u ....

Could you please tell me how much money in DKK should i need for the initial one month?
    I have reserve my accommodation in one of the university dormitories.If you have any idea can you tell me whether these dorms. provide the bedding, quilt etc? thanks for this site.

Take care
    regards
    kushuma

3. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi Kushma

If the University is accommodating you, I am sure they provide you with a cot with matress. You may have to buy bed cover, linen etc. The money you need a for a month depends on whether you have to pay for your accommodation, etc. Anyhow let me say around 5,000 danish croners. After your arrival you better contact me and I will tell you some shops where you can buy things on reasonable rate.

Right now the weather is very very cold but there will be a change in the weather when you arrive because it is going to be a bit mild according to the weather report.

TAke care
    Regards
    Nirmala

4. kushuma

kushuma New IL'ite

hi Nirmala...Thanks
    I am again bothering you with more questions :)
    Could you please advice me which airline is good to travel to Denmark? Is it necessary to get Travel medical insurance?
    looking forward to your reply.

best regards
    kushuma

5. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi Kushuma

It is very much advisable to get a Travel Insurance otherwise it will be much expensive to consult doctors, to buy medicins etc. But I think when you live in Denmark temporarily you will be issued a health insurance card also called the yellow card. You should take this card with you whenever you go to the doctor for consultation. You better find this out through proper source.

Regarding the airlinetickets, normally I used to travel by Lufthansa which is the best and safest as far as I think. But this year I took Qatar Airways and it was quite ok. The service was wonderful. Even the price was reasonable. Are you travelling from Bombay or Delhi? If you choose Lufthansa you have to change flight in Frankfurt to go to Copenhagen. It is by Qatar airways, you change at Doha. There are some other flights like Austrian airways, KLM airways etc.

Take care. bye for now.

Kind regards
    Nirmala

6. kushuma

kushuma New IL'ite

Thanks Nirmala...I am in odense now....... i was trying to get wheat flour to make chappatis but didn't find it in the nearer stores... so please tell me some good shops in Odense.... and yes the weather is really very cold here....
    take care
    regards kushums

7. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi Kushma

Welcome to Odense, Denmark. I live almost 250 kms away from you. If I was living closeby I could have give you the wheatflour for chapathi. Anyhow there is one Bazar Fyn in Odense, where you can buy asian spices etc. Telephone number is 66144244. There is also a shop near Odense railway station (opposite to station) called Asian Supermarket.

Another one at Nørregade 77 - 79, Odense city. tlf. 60627979
    One more Asian Market, Kongensgade 64, Odense city.

I hope the above information is helpful to you. I do not know much about Odense as I do not live there. I found the shops from internet.

By the way if you add me as a friend, I can send you a private message so you can have my email id and phone number. I have already sent a friendship request to you.

Take care.
    Regards from Nirmala

8. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Hello, I don't live in Denmark, but one of the best Indian author ( young) lives there.

Her name is
    Amulya Malladi

She has written few books about indian culture. Very good. I would love to meet her one of these days. I hope you ladies have the opportunity to meet her. If you want to more info about her and her book, visit google.

9. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi Coffeelover

Thanks for posting the news about Amulya Malladi. I have never heard about her before. I just went through google search and found some interesting things about her. Her books seem to be very interesting. Thanks once again for such good information.

Regards
    Nirmala

10. Sansri2010

Sansri2010 New IL'ite

Hi Nirmala,

I am Sandhya Sriram from Bangalore, India. My husband and myself are planning for an immigration to Denmark. I would like to know if we have made the correct decision. I have gone through this thread and gathered a lot of information regarding Denmark. I would like to have more information regarding Denmark. We are SAP consultants. How good is the SAP market and job opportuniies? How good is it for our kids to grow up there.
    I would be starting the VISA processing by Jan 2011.

Regards,
    Sandhya Sriram

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010