Indians in Denmark?

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by nirmala1709, Jan 6, 2008.

1. sapnasharma

sapnasharma New IL'ite

Hi Nirmala,
    My name is sapna sharma. i am from Ahmedabad.I want a favour from you.Kindly give me suggestion on following queries:
    1. I have done master's in pharmacy & currently working in a clinical trials sice last one year &having 3 yrs of experience in teaching in pharmacy college. also i have applied for green card.but as from blogs i came to know that getting a job in denmark in is tough.kindly suggest me some about pharma field if u have? i will be planning to be there in april.
    2. How important is to know danish,will it very important in getting jobs?
    3. is my decision is right or wrong?
    Thanks & Regards
    Sapna sharma

2. sat123

sat123 New IL'ite

Hello nirmala mam,

I am sathish, from hyderabad, India. I m planning to come to Denmark and settle there, I have done my masters degree in computers field. Before i move ahead, i want few details abt the country and abt the job and living there.

1) How is the job availability there, even the small standard labour jobs? for initial base.

2) Availability of rented rooms or homes, even in groups if possible and the cost of living i.e. home+food+clothings. if possible also let me know whats the cost in indian rupees.

There are certain more questions too and looking for some guidance from ur side.

with regards
    sathish M

3. santhoshprethi1

santhoshprethi1 New IL'ite

hi this is prethi from hyderabad, i am abt to come to denmark in a couple of months. i am happy to be in touch with u

reg,
    prethi

4. vish

vish New IL'ite

My friend got green card in oct'08 and moved to Denmark. He is still struggling to find regular job. He has Masters from good US university.

Monthly expenses are over 25,000 rupees per month. So be prepared for all that expenses. Everything is expensive.

Labor jobs - cleaning utensils/ making burgers etc are limited and pay very very less and you must be aware Denmark tax is over 45%.

If you prefer to stay in cities like Copenhagen, you have to start looking very early for room.

5. srini998

srini998 New IL'ite

Hi nirmala garu.

I am srinivas basically from andhra now working in bangalore for an MNC .Actually i am moving to aalborg for an project for 3 months and extendable.Can you please let me know how to get the house and other .Actually my company will provide accomadation for more than a week.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2009
  6. sagar329

sagar329 New IL'ite

I am looking for a jobs in Denmark but am not sure how to go about it I tried calling the immigration office all they had to say was to talk to placement consultants most of which is in Danish. I was wondering if there is someone in the forum who could help me out with this. I am from India looking forward to a job in Denmark.

Regards

Sagar

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2009
  7. smbhatt

smbhatt New IL'ite

hello mam..im shweta from mumbai,india...really glad 2 find this forum.We have just received GC of denmark. My husband is expected to arrive in 1st wk of October...pls do guide us as which places are asian dominated. If possible could u provide ur email id or contact no...2 get in touch with you.Looking forward eagerly for ur reply.Thanx a lot!!

8. kushuma

kushuma New IL'ite

hi everyone....
    i am kushuma... i am coming to odense for six months.....I am very much excited to see this site..great work...

could u please help me in some of my queries? what type of clothes should i carry with me for winters....are indian spices available there or i should bring them also...

looking forward to ur replies

take care
    kushuma

9. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi Kushma

Welcome to Denmark. Right now it is very cold here and this will continue till end of March. You should bring some warm woollen clothings. But you can buy them here. I do not live in Odense but I know that there are many asian grocery shops in Odense. You may buy all type of spices, lentils, etc on reasonable prices. So you need not bring spices with you. When will you be arriving in Denmark? Be prepare yourself for the cold weather. Even today we had snow fall and it is freezing cold outside. I am not writing this to terrify you but that is the truth.

Take care. Keep posting if you need more information.

Regards from Nirmala

10. kushuma

kushuma New IL'ite

Hi Nirmala....Thank you so much for the reply....i will be coming in Dec. second week.I hav done the shopping for my clothing..lets see how much helpful they will be..:)

take care
    Regards.
    kushuma