Indians in Denmark?

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by nirmala1709, Jan 6, 2008.

1. ksridevi81

ksridevi81 Junior IL'ite

Hi Suzi...

I saw ur reply and good to know that u r in gothenburg... I live in gothenburg too.... Where do u live in gothenburg....

Put ur phone number....or email id....so that we can catch up...

2. andalnvp

andalnvp New IL'ite

any indians in Denmark

Hi Friends

Am vishnu,I would like to know any indians living in Denmark(Kopenhaven),am new to Denmark,living with husband.

Regards
    vishnu

3. camomile

camomile New IL'ite

Re: any indians in Denmark

Hi Vishnu,

Nice to meet you, I am not indian but i am married to indian
    Me and my husband live in Esbjerg, Denmark.

Its too difficult to find any indians here

4. radirs

radirs New IL'ite

Hello camomile,

I will be starting at the Esbjerg Institute of Technology from January 21, 2009 for PhD studies and research. Since you are in Esbjerg, can you (or your husband) provide me some info. about accomodation and stay near the university? I would also like to know if getting vegetarian food would be a problem (including grocery supplies)? Any additional details would also be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Regards,
    vikram.

5. camomile

camomile New IL'ite

My husband finds it difficult to find vegeterian food here, (I am non vegeterian). Spices are also difficult to find, my hysband suffers because of that. If possible try to bring them with you, you will not regret. Accomodation prices start with 5000DK, that is ~$1000, depend on area.

The place is nice here, but not many foreigners.

6. satesh.more

satesh.more New IL'ite

Hi Nirmala,

I am satesh. I am from Mumbai. I have got an job offer from Aalborg on local terms. Before accepting the same I would like to have some info. Since you are at Aalborg, you can provide me this info.:
    - What would be the cost of living (rental + food + clothing etc) for the family of 4 (2 adults + 2 kids (5, 8 yrs)).
    - Do we get Indian food / Indian spices there?
    - How you find the living there being the Indian?

Some more may be next time.

BR
    Satesh

7. andalnvp

andalnvp New IL'ite

Hi Camomile

Nice to see u.....thankz for your reply.....I like the place & peoples here...
    If you can can you give me some information..where I will get ladies & gents dress and all other items (any sale ,any shopping place, not expensive)and also tell me the places i can visit in Denmark.

we r planning to go trip in christmas(tell me some near by places to visit)

Regards
    vishnu

8. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hallo Satesh

Welcome to Indusladies. Nice to know you are from India.
    The cost of living in Aalborg including house rent, food, clothing etc. may cost you from about 10,000 to 15,000 danish kroners. It all depends on your need and demand. I am sure that you can meet all your demands with the monthly remuneration. I guess you are from IT Industry. May I know in which company you got an offer for a job?

One more thing you should know is during the first year while you live in Denmark you need not pay any income tax. After one year you have to start paying your taxes like danes do.

We get all type of Indian food here in the city. There are several shops, Indian, Pakistani,Srilankan, Vietnam, Thailand, Arabic, Iran etc etc. in the heart of the city. All types of spices, rice, atta flour and once a week we get fresh Indian vegetables too. So there is no problem in getting Indian food.

I have been living here for the past 29 years. It is very cold in winter, pleasant in spring and nice in summer. January to March are the coldest months. But the weather in Denmark is unpredictable. It changes often. Danes are kind and nice.

I hope the above information is useful to you. If you want to know more about Aalborg you are welcome to write again. If you have an email id you may send it to me then I can send you a mail if you need more information.

Have a nice day

Best Regards
    Nirmala

9. andalnvp

andalnvp New IL'ite

Re: Hello mam

Hello Nirmala mam

This is Vishnu ....Nice to see a Indian in Denmark.

Am living with my husband(Copenhagen),one month back I came here,I like this place and peoples live here.

I need some information

1.Good shopping places,site seeing etc.am a computer postgraduate,looking to get a job,am preparing for that....if u know any institutes here will teach computer software else can we get any temporary job here.my husband used to go at 8.30 simply sitting in home boring.usually spending time in net,cooking,watching Tamil,Telugu serials ,movies.

Waiting for your reply
    Have A nice Day
    Regards
    Vishnu

10. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi Vishnu

Thanks for your message. I live in Aalborg, northern part of Denmark. I do not have much idea about shopping centres in Copenhagen. I will find out and let you know in my next reply. There are some famous shops in Copenhagen like Illum, Magazine etc.

I suggest you to send some job applications to Technical college in Copenhagen, Schools, Colleges, Adult Education Centre etc etc. You can find the information on the net and keep sending some job applications. You will definitely find a job soon. Best of luck to you. There are quite a lot of job opportunities in Copenhagen for you.

I am a busy woman too. I go to work from 8 to 4 pm. After having dinner I too watch Tamil serials, movies etc. Now that I can see Kailaignar TV I watch Manada Mayilada programmes with interest during the weekend.
    I too speak Telugu but I cannot see Telugu programmes here.

Keep posting.

Best regards
    Nirmala