Indians in Coimbatore - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Coimbatore' started by Induslady, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kanaki - glad to hear that your husband is doing much better now. Sorry to hear about your father. You have been through a lot in the past year - hang in there - time will heal your sorrow - think about the wonderful life your father had and the memories that he has given you - I know nothing can ever replace him. Stay strong for your kids. I will definitely contact you the next time I am in India - which may be next year - I hope! :yes: I was there in 2005 summer. As for my daughter - we are not sure what she is going to study at this time - that is a good thing here - we dont have to declare a major when you start and then declare your major - she may go to law school for graduate school - atleast that is the plan right now - ask me after the first semester and that may have changed! She is going to the University of Nebraska which is about 3 hours from here by car - so it is not too far away. I wish she had chosen something closer but oh well -

More next time .. take care..:wave
    Shobana

2. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Shobana, Thanks for your kind reply. I completed my 10th standard in 1982. Looks u too would have been there during the same time, since u have mentioned that u did ur +2 in Mani's in early 80's. Some of my class mates were Usha, Charumathi, Naresh Kumari, Bhuvaneswari, Hemalatha, Jyothi, shanthi, Chamundeswari, Akila, R.Kalpana, K.Kalpana, Sasi, Sachita. That charumathi died of appendicitis on our Board exam day(Maths Exam) and her thoughts were haunting me and that is why i didn't join that school for my +2. R.Kalpana did her medicine. K.Kalpana did BSc. Maths with me in PSGR Krishnammal College and did MCA in Bharathiar University and she was in Japan. I met her in the hospital when I delivered my daughter. She too had come for her delivery. I lost touch after that. U must have been my junior or senior. Think if u can recollect our batch. Mrs. Ruckmani was the maths teacher, Mrs. Karthikayani was tamil teacher, Mrs. Meenakshi was a strict science teacher, Mrs. Lakshmi kutti was my headmistress. Mrs. Siva bagyiam was English teacher for lower classes, she was also Guides teacher. Mrs. Saroja was History teacher. We used to comment upon her. We used to say "Always pregnant never deliver" , 'cause she had a big tummy. pls keep in touch.
    warm regards,
    sujatha

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  3. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Kanaka, Thank u for those kind words. Men always keep in touch with their age old friends. It is we who lose contacts. I miss all my sweet friends and those sweet days when we played so many pranks and had lot of fun.

thanks and regards,

sujatha

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sujatha - you are definitely my junior - I finished in 78 - wonder if you know my sister who is 2 yrs my junior -Sharada. The teachers name you mention are somewhat familiar - you certainly have a better memory than me! I remember my sister telling me that the tamil teacher's daughter is a lyricist for tamil movie songs now - I think it is the same teacher that you mentioned although I could be wrong. The "always pregnant..." phrase - now that I remember very well!! Wasn't there an English teacher who was quite stylishly dressed, always wore nice sarees, etc. - what was her name? I have not been in touch with school friends - I wish I had. Anyway, it was nice reminiscing about school! Thanks - keep in touch.

Shobana

5. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear shobana
    What happened to Bhanumathi,Savitiri and others?Any idea where they are now?I am curious to know how my friend looks now.Do send snap of yours if it is possible.I will try to send mine as well.

6. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Shobana, thanks for your kind reply. I donot seem to remember your sister sharada. She too must be my senior. May be if I see her i might recollect. I too donot remember that English teacher's name. A tall thin female she used to wear nice cotton sarees. We donot have any photographs of our school days. That tamil teacher had a daughter i am not sure if the lyricist u mention is the same one. I am travelling to India tomorrow. Very excited. Shall get in touch with u after I return back in september.

thanks and regards,

sujatha

7. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Good morning Kanaki
    I find myself browsing this site a lot now - this is the second thing I do now - after I check my email (work, that is)! It is amazing the connection I feel to this wonderful forum. I have no idea about Savithri and Bhanumathi, etc. Totally lost touch with them - hopefully this site will catch on with more and more people and we may connect one day. I told my mother (who is visiting) about you and she could definitely remember "Kanaki" - from our high school days! I will send you photo soon - looking forward to seeing yours as well. I was browsing this site and I saw that you and some ladies had a get together in Chennai - there was photo there of the group - your face was not all that clear since you were standing behind the chain of the swing. Am I right? So, where in Chennai do you live? Like I mentioned earlier, my sister lives in Tiruvanmiyur and I usually spend quite a bit of time there when I visit. Whenever I come to India, I only have to visit my side of the family - no in-laws - they all live here. So it is great, I get to spend all my time between Chennai and CBE. :mrgreen:
    Take care for now..
    More later...
    Shobana

1 person likes this.
  8. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Have a wonderful trip to India - talk to you when you get back. Eats lots of good food - I know I always look forward to masala dosai, chaat, etc.

Shobana

9. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear shobana
    Very happy to know that your mother could place me.I went to India again in June.My husband had some work in Chennai as well as in Pune.So we all went back together.my children were here for holidays.Now my mother in law is with the children.When I was in chennai I managed to attend the meet.It was wonderful to meet my online friends.I will send my snap.I meet a person called Venkatraju in my friend,s place in Dubai.Hestudied in Mani's and is 2 years junior.Srividhya lives in T.Nagar and Vijayashankari in Mogappair.I was in touch with srividhya 3 years ago.But after that no contact .She has shifted to another place in T.Nagar.so no contact.My father's friend's son is Balaji.He was in the science.He is still in touch with us.His brother Sathyanararayan also studied in our school and is with Suri and co in CBE.That is as far as I know.What happened to Lakshmi.J.Rao?Iremember I attended Savitiri's sis's wedding.She had one more sis who used to be more friendly.Do write more.I would like share all those nostalgic moments with you.My regards to your parents.

10. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kanaki - its great that you have been in touch with atleast some of our old friends. As for me - I keep in touch with some of my college friends - that is about it. Moving away has made it harder -atleast if you live in Chennai - you are bound to bump into someone! My parents will be leaving in 6 weeks - I am really going to miss them. My mom helps out a lot a home for me - she has all the cooking done by the time I come home! That is a treat that I am going to miss. We are also busy making all kinds of pickles - my husband loves them. It was just another lazy weekend. It was kind of hot - so did not go out a whole lot - watched some TV and cleaned the house (that was not fun!) Hope you had a good weekend.

Shobana