Indians in Coimbatore - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Coimbatore' started by Induslady, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi there - I did my plus two at Mani High School in the early 80's!! Seems like an eon ago! After that it was PSG Arts - been in the US for the past 18 yrs.

Shobana

2 people like this.
  2. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friend
    are u the shobana who did her plus two in mani high school?If it is the same shobana I am really excited.I did the commerce group there.Eagerly awaiting your reply

3. kanaka Raghavan

I lived in Tatabad area in Coimbatore.Were you not living in R.S.Puram if I remember right?Did we have other friends called Savitiri,Bhanumathi,?Do you remember me now?I still have our group photo taken at the end of our plus two. .Do u remember me now?

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Re: Friend from the past..

Hi Kanaka - I am the same Shobana you are referring to - plus two in Mani High School and then PSG Arts. Wow!! That is so cool!! I do remember Savithri and Bhanu - can you send the photo? I cannot seem to put a face to your name - your name sounds so very familiar but I am struggling putting a face to it- really sorry - please dont be offended, but it has been a very long time. I am really glad you got in touch and would love to see that picture - I am sure I have at home somewhere if I dig up my old photo album - which I will do as soon as I go home. I am sure I will remember as soon as I see it.

So what have you been up to for the past 20 years? It seems like a life time ago - school, college, etc... fun times!!

Would love to hear from you... take care:wink:

1 person likes this.
  5. kanaka Raghavan

Dear shobana
    Nice to hear from you.Yeah it is really really long time ago.I am very happy that i have atlast been able to trace someone from my school.I have been desparetely been trying to keep in touch.Everyone used to call me Kanaki or kanakavalli.After marriage it became kanaka.Are u able to place me now?I lived in Tatabad and my father worked as a CEO in Madras Aluminium company as well as Jeypore sugars.We sold off that house and moved to chennai.I got married and moved to many places.Then we finally moved to chennai.Then in 2004 my husband moved to Abudhabi.Since then I have been shuttling between Abudhabi and Chennai.Right now I am in Abudhabi.MYson has just finished his engineering from venkatawara and has joined HCL chennai.My daughter is in the 12th.Right now both of them are in chennai.My husband had a heart attack in January 2007 because of a clot which occured due to an injury in the leg.He had no chlo,orB.p.He has recovered completely.I will be here for another month.So the snaps are in INDIA,.What news from your end?keep in touch.Iremember you had a sister.I still can describe.yousmall ,petite,goodlooking and short hair.You hardly liked to wear jewels.Am right?In the snap you were wearing a brown striped salwar.The other friends in the snap are Srividhya ,Lakshmi,Vijayashankari ,Poompavai etc.,.Eagerly awaiting your reply.Those school days were really wonderful weren't they?BYE.

6. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Kanaka and Shobana, It is great that u people have got in touch after so many years. It is simply superb. U both r lucky. I am longing to get in touch with my school friends. I studied in Sree Nehru Vidyalaya till 5th and then from 6th to 10th in R.S.Puram (W) girls hr. sec. school and did my +1 and +2 in GRG. Hope i too can find my friends. when I was in 3rd or 4th there was a friend for me by name Shobana and she was a malayalee and use to sing the song "Bindu Nee Ananda Bindu O" very beautifully. She was in 5th standard then. She use to draw well and i use to admire her. Is that u Shobana?

Enjoy mailing to each other and cherish the olden days and go Nostalgic.

with warm regards,

sujatha

7. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kanaki - when you mentioned "Kanaki" - it clicked immediately! I went home last night and found the photo - gosh we were so young!! Brought back so many memories of school, and CBE! Being away from all that brought tears to my eyes - life was simple and innocent back then! Sorry to hear that your husband had a heart attack. It must have been very difficult for you especially if you were in Chennai at that time. Glad to hear he is recovering. Hope he gets well soon. Well - as for my life - after I got married, lived in Trichy and New Delhi for about a couple of years and then my husband moved to the US and soon I joined him. I have one daughter who just finished 12th and is ready to join college this fall. So, it is going to be totally different for us at home. My parents are visiting now so its been great. I work full time as a tax analyst in Overland Park, KS for an investment company. My sister lives in Chennai - in Tiruvanmiyur. I come to India once in 2-3 yrs only. Wish I could go more often but with vacation time, etc, it gets difficult to plan an India trip unless I have atleast 3-4 weeks vacation.
    I am so glad that I found this site - now I look forward to getting online as soon as I get to work to see who has posted anything from India while I was sleeping!!
    Take care -

1 person likes this.
  8. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

HI Sujatha - I am not the Shobana you are thinking of - I did not go to Nehru Vidyalaya (neither do I sing!!) - but I did go the RS Puram girls high school from the 7th to the 10th and then to Mani High School.
    This site has been great - I find myself browsing through it a lot!! Love it!

Shobana

9. kanaka Raghavan

Dear sujatha
    Do not worry.It is a small world after all.You are bound to meet your old friends.Anyway this site will give lots of new friends and I am one among them.Keep in touch.

1 person likes this.
  10. kanaka Raghavan

Dear shobana
    Glad to know that u were able to trace me.My husband is much better now.We had come here for xmas hols.My son left earlier.My self and my daughter were planning to leave couple of days later along with my husband who had few days off.We were planning to leave on the 11th Jan.My husband had chest pain in the early hours of 11th.Immediately it was found that he had block in one of the major arteries of the heart.An angioplast was done and he became normal within hours.He is very tall and thin.He has been practising yoga and tm for so many years.There was no blood pressure or any other problem.So the clot was due to some injury which had happened several years back.Anyway God was great.He gave me the strength to tide over the crisis.I had go back in Feb because my father who was 80 passed away suddenly .He had no pain or anything.He came out of the toilet and just collapsed.Another major blow.He was a pillar of strength to all of us.I have no words to describe him.I am slowly recovering from his loss as he always used to remind us that we should never cry and life carries on for the next generation..
    What happened to our other friends?My best wishes to your daughter.What is she planning to do?When will u becoming to India next?we can always pan to meet.How is life in the US?Bye.