Indians in Adelaide Australia

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by vanitha335, Aug 3, 2012.

1. SaradhaRaj

SaradhaRaj Senior IL'ite

Oh.okay..my son is in lkg and is 4.5 years old....he wil complete lkg in april,2013....he will be in middle of ukg wen we move, school trm in aus begins in jan....so he woul not have completed ukg here....do u have any idea if he have to repeat a class there or as per ge,he would be admitted into class 1 as he will be turning 6 then??
    Do u know anyone in adelaide to help u with initial move n stuff?

2. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

As far as I know they will admit him in the same class if he passes the test.Dont worry Australian Education is counted one of the best, even if he should repeat he will have edge over other kids.
    I don't know anyone in Adelaide to help me out Saradha.I do have a brother who lives in Sidney but he wont be much help as he is far away, guess I have to do as everyone else, learn as I go.

3. starryeyes

starryeyes New IL'ite

Hi.. saw the chain threads...i have a few q's, since ur all knowledgeable with the processes kindly let me know....

How long does a PR visa take to get processed if applied from India? i am a technical writer with 5.4 yrs of exp n my hubby is an engineer and who is currently a program manager. Pls let me know the criteria for applying for a PR visa to Australia. Is an australian job a prerequisite? If so, how do we go about it. Pls let me know how long it may take for the PR visa...thank u

4. starryeyes

starryeyes New IL'ite

Hi.. saw the chain threads...i have a few q's, since ur all knowledgeable with the processes kindly let me know....

How long does a PR visa take to get processed if applied from India? i am a technical writer with 5.4 yrs of exp n my hubby is an engineer and who is currently a program manager. Pls let me know the criteria for applying for a PR visa to Australia. Is an australian job a prerequisite? If so, how do we go about it. Pls let me know how long it may take for the PR visa...thank u

5. arlakshmi

arlakshmi New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

This is Lakshmi from Singapore. We have got our PR grant last week with South Australia State Sponsorship. Both me and my husband are in IT and trying to look for a job there. We are planning to move there by end of May. Could you help us on or relocation since we don't know anyone there in Adelaide.

1. How are the job opportunities. I heard that we have to go through employment consultants?

2. How is the accommodation there? My son is 3.5 year old and now going to Playschool in Singapore. How is the cost of living there in Adelaide?

It would be of a great help if you could give me your contact so that I can keep in touch with you.

Regards,
    Lakshmi(Systems Analyst)

6. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Starryeyes
    The PR takes about maximum of 1yr provided u submitted all the documents in time. I am not sure how long it will take from India but I think it will be take the same time from anywhere.Do go to this website and check if your Profession or your husband's profession is in the skills shortage list, you can take on from there.

Another way is that you could go through a consultant, its better if you choose an agent who is a local in Australia. Follow the below link.

www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARSearch.aspx?FolderID=394

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Abida

7. catalia

catalia New IL'ite

Dear Freinds,

We have got our PR grant last week with SA state sponsorship.

My husband is in IT (Hardware and Networking), planning to make an entry by end of the year.

Regards,

8. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Catalia,

Congratulations on your PR Grant. We too are planning to make an entry by the end of March. Will stay there for a week and return after an year.

Kind Regards

Abida

9. catalia

catalia New IL'ite

Hi Abida,

Congrats to you too, do share your experience after your travel, we have also planned the same, will make an entry by year end and based on the trip will make a decision to wind up from UAE.

Regards,
    Catalia

10. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

Sure will Catalia, hopefully things will be clear by the time we are back. Isn't it true that in 5yrs of our Residency we can stay for 1yr outside and 1month in each year after that to qualify for Citizenship??