Indians in Adelaide Australia

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by vanitha335, Aug 3, 2012.

1. vanitha335

vanitha335 New IL'ite

Hello All,

I would like to know if there are any indians living in adelaide. We have got our PR last month and planning to move to australia soon. Was just thinking to make some friends in adelaide as we have decided to move there.

Vanitha

2. kavyareddy

kavyareddy New IL'ite

Hi Vanitha,

Have you moved to Australia? How is adeliade and other places in South Australia. We also applied for PR and ACS is done. We have high availability of our specific jobs in SA. So want to check how these places are for living. Please let me know.

Thank you in advance :)
    kavya

3. SaradhaRaj

SaradhaRaj Senior IL'ite

Hi vanitha n kavya...

Am awaiting my visa grant...submitted pcc before 2 weeks n having my fingers crossed.
    Let us keep in touch during our prep phase...like analysing the new way of life in aus,cost of living,travel plans n stuff...
    I feel the need to have some indian gals around for casual discussion...what abt u guys?

Btw, am a house wife at present (used to work for wipro in the past)...have a 4 year old son. My hubby us the primary applicant for PR who is a mech engg....hmmm...we r based outta south india.

1 person likes this.
  4. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    We are planning to move to South Australia late January, I am hoping to get help with accomodation with Indians (South preferably) Please PM if you can help know someone who can help with the transition.
    And good luck all with your Visa process!!

5. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hi Saradha,
    Any updates to your visa? Post updates if any. It will really help to help one another :)
    I am from Tamil Nad too.
    Take care.

6. SaradhaRaj

SaradhaRaj Senior IL'ite

Hi shareon,
    Nice to hear from u...
    Not granted visa yet...we are waiting anxiously!
    Planning to call the co..ours is a pr visa with hubby being primary applicant...he is a mech engg...
    How abt u?? Have u decided where to move in oz?

7. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hi There,
    Oh, we've got a PR (SS) visa to SA. So guess we are not left with much choice to move elsewhere :)
    I am a Systems admin and I've been hearing stories that IT isnt doing well for now. As you know grass is greener on the other side. I am from down south, Nagercoil. So for now our tickets are booked and counting to D-Day (literally) Hubby is a mech engineer too but I am the primary applicant.

8. Lavanyad

Lavanyad New IL'ite

Hi All,

I have applied for my SA SS PR & awaiting for the visa grant. i'm Lavanya from Tamil Nadu, India & planning to move to Adelaide after getting the visa. Meanwhile wanted to get some info on the accomodation (wants to stay near Indians), job opportunity & other stuff.

Can you pls help with this?

9. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hey Lavanya,
    I am seeking help too. Maybe we should hunt together. :D
    When are you planning to leave? We are leaving on the 30th Jan and now as the days are drawing near, a lot of doubts, apprehensions. Am really looking to use some help.

10. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

And, what jobs in what specialty are you looking for?