Indian/Telugu community in Cypress/Fairfield area

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by sirishau, May 30, 2012.

1. sirishau

sirishau New IL'ite

Hi,

We are planning to relocate from Michigan and are looking for a house Cypress/Fairfield area. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if there is an Indian/Telugu community in that area and also littlebit more about the schools and the area in general. I have a daughter in middle school and a son in elementary school.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated:spin

Thanks,
    Sirisha

2. just20

just20 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sirisha

I live in CyFair school district only. There is an elementary school right across the street where I live , lot of Indian go by walk and drop the kids there. And the middle school is less than 1 mile.

Thanks
    Shanti

3. Texini

Texini New IL'ite

Shanti,

Can you please let me know elementary school name? I am also planning to move near HP campus and looking for good apartment which is close elementary school.

4. just20

just20 Silver IL'ite

Texini,

Its Gleason Elementary School I was talking about.
    There is another charted school named Harmony school of Excellence which is one of the best in the city. Its a blessing to get a admission into that school. Lot of desis are in that school

Thanks

5. Texini

Texini New IL'ite

Shanti,

Thanks for your response. I called couple of apartments (Villas at westwood, watermark) close to that school and they were telling I must take 2 bed since I have son who is more than 2 years old. And they don't have any two bed's available and if there are its very expensive. Is it true that I must take 2 bed apartment? I am planning submit an online application for both of apartments today and I will request them for one bed.. let see what happnes..

Also, I looked at Gleason attendance map, I guess two apartments are not zoned to that (according to the map).. are these apartments zoned?

http://www.cfisd.net/aboutour/attend/maps/Gleason.pdf

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  6. kirany

kirany New IL'ite

Hi Srisha, Are you still in Fairfield. We moving there. Any help on telugu community apartment is much appreciated

Thanks.