1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Smarting Canada

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:INDIAN SMARTING CANADA:hello:

A physician (p) left India and joined Salesman's job in a big Department stores in Canada.

Boss :- Do you have any experience?

P: Yes a little too much...
    On the first day, that Indian worked with full mind.

At 6 pm, the Boss :- How many sales did you sell on the first day today?

P : Sir I sold 1.

Boss : Only 1 sale ?
    Usually every Salesman working here does 20 to 30 sales daily. Well, tell me how much money did you sell ?
    P : $93300 Dollars.
    Boss : What ? But how did you do it?
    P : One person came and I sold him a small Fishing Hook.

Then sold a Big Hook. Then I sold him 1 big Fishing Rods and some fishing gear.

Then I asked him where do you go to catch fish and he said in the Coastal area....

Then I said it would need a Boat. So I took him down to the Boat Department and sold him a 20 ft double engine Scooner Boat.

When he said this Boat won't come in his Volks Wagon, I took him to the auto mobile section and sold him the new Deluxe 4 x 4 blazer to carry the boat.

And when I asked him where would be going fishing ??? He didn't plan anything.

So I took him to the Camping Section and sold him a six sleeper camper tent.
    And then he said when he took all that he would take $ 300 Groceries and three Cases of Beer.

Now the Boss took few steps back and asked in sarcastically :

"You sold all this to the Man who came to buy only One Fish Hook".

P : "NO, SIR...He only came to take one Tablet for the Headache.... I explained to him that Fishing is the best way to get rid of Headaches".

Boss : Where did you work before In India?

P : Yes, I was a Doctor in a Private Hospital : On a minor complaint of panic, we get the
    Patients tested for Pathology, ECO, ECG, TMT, CT Scan, X-ray, MRI, COVID-19 etc

Boss : You sit on my Chair. I am going to join a Private Hospital for training in India.

Ps: With sincere apologies to honest indian doctor professionals - just for laugh or gag

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    umaakumar and vidhyalakshmid like this.

2. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

This is a good read but very far from reality. When i came to Canada I realized that even with good English speaking skills i am not able to get a job and this is the condition of the thousands of well educated indians coming here.

This is because we Indians only rely on our degrees to get a job. Coming to Canada we realize that these degrees are so useless and only street smartness and boldness is required to get a job here.
    This is no place for bookish introverts with good English speaking skills. The only type of Indians who really excel here are ppl who are bold(especially gujjus). Even with bad English they impress fellow Canadians and get good jobs, sales etc.
    After coming to Canada I finally learned how to approach people, engage them in a conversation and impress.

moral of the story is to learn sales before coming to Canada . All your degrees that you struggled to get are useless here. Only sales knowledge and boldness is important.

creativemumma likes this.