Indian Schools In Qatar

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by soann, Nov 18, 2013.

1. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Hi All

I'm looking to put my little girl to school next year (KG1, 2014-2015) and I'm wondering how many Indian schools are actually there in Qatar?! I found 10 from the net and thought that was it, then a family friend added 2 more yesterday!

I'm hoping to get the list of schools and reviews from you lovely ladies. I have already checked in here (Indus Ladies Forum). I've found either the list incomplete or the info outdated. Please help me with the latest reviews. I'm sure many like me will find this useful.

This is the list of Indian schools that I know so far,

1. Doha Modern Indian School (DMIS)
    2. Al-Khor International School
    3. Birla Public School (BPS)
    4. DPS Modern School
    5. Ideal Indian School
    6. MES Indian School
    7. Shantiniketan Indian School
    8. Noble International School
    9. Pearl School
    10. Bhavans School
    11. Scholars' International School
    12. Springfield Kindergarten

Schools expected to start soon :

13. Rajagiri Doha Public School

I contacted 10 schools already and 6 of them replied saying to go to them in Jan. With the exception of Al-Khor International school who completely stopped taking kids of parents not working in ras gas.

For starters I would like to know,

a. How many of these schools have after hours?
    b. Details on after hours.
    c. Honest reviews.
    d. Ideal time to approach them for registration.

Thank you for your time :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
    3 people like this.

2. CS1982

CS1982 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I believe, 9. Pearl School - admission openings are there all through the year - even now.

CS

3. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Soann,

Welcome to Indusladies Community!

We are sailing in the same boat... Even I've to put my DD in KG1 for the academic year 2014 -2015.

DMIS has got after school hours. I prefer DMIS for their timings. I couldn't give you reviews about any of these schools, as I don't have first hand experience with any of them. I heard Birla is good and good reviews about Pearl school too.

Getting admissions in DMIS or BPS is quite difficult as they are now giving preference only to the sibilings. Since Pearl School is newly open, it is easy to get admission there. You need to keep contacting them from now on.

My choice would be BPS - DMIS - Pearl. (DPS is little far off from our place)

4. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Thank you CS. :)

5. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Thank you Sharmila.

My first preference was BPS, DMIS and DPS too. But with the new rule from SEC getting in without a sibling has become hard in BPS and DMIS. DPS is like in another country for me :eek

I came to know abt Pearl just few months ago and I liked what I saw on their site. Didn't have enough reviews though :-( Do you know anything more about Pearl?

6. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Ohh I see another thread on Pearl reviews. Will check in there :) Waiting to hear more about other schools too :)

7. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

Soann - Spring field is ok i guess , Lil ones in the PreKg thou now and would continue for the next 2 years . But im looking for birla details as well .

8. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Thank you Meenasri. I have 2 of my friends sending kids there. They have good impression about the school too.:p

9. jazz16

jazz16 Senior IL'ite

Hi Soann,
    I think you have to keep constantly checking up on the admission in these schools from late November itself. Things get difficult due to the sibling policy in many schools but last minute admissions do open up. The point is we as parents would really not like waiting till the last moment for an admission. I can personally tell you only about Noble Kindergarten, the KG section of Noble International School.Its at Hilal and I think it has after hours too. The timing is good in the sense...it starts only by 8 am , so kids can at least sleep till 6 am or so!The teachers are friendly and not too much pressure is given to the kids. My child likes it there .Inspite of not having gone to any play school before KG 1, she didnt have any problem adjusting there.

10. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Thank you jazz16.

You are right about keeping in touch with them :)