1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Parlour in Jersey City?

Discussion in 'Indians in Jersey City' started by AnithaPartha, Mar 23, 2010.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

I want to do threading but since recently I moved to jersey city I have no idea about indian parlours.., Anybody can help me out?

am looking for parlour in and around bergen avenue,jersey city..,

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anitha,

In Newark avenue(near Journal square) you got lot of Indian shops and parlours too.

I use to go to Bombay Salon, they charge $5, opposite to Patel.

3. AnithaPartha

Gokusha,

Bombay salon good ah? Did you do threading there?
    Am planning to do eyebrow & upper lips..,
    Any idea how is parlour next to village restaurant?

4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Yes Anitha,twice had my hair cut , threading & upperlips too. I shifted here before 1yr, so the things i mentioned is before 1yr.

The one you mention (beside to Village)was good from outer, so we took our niece for hair cut while they came from Virginia. The lady didn't response us well, when we asked some doubts.

She sat stylishly on the chair, answering to us by seeing the mirror before her seating...shaping her nails.

My sister got anger, she said in Virginia i never saw this kind of attitudes, we left the shop.

Hey again this was some 3yrs back, so now that person might havebeen changed, so give a try.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  5. AnithaPartha

Gokusha,

Yes, I can imagine that situation. Sure, I will try to slap her and leave parlour..Non sense na?

How much did they charge you dear for hair cut in bombay salon? Exactly where it is located? I saw 2 addresses like 780 & 789 newark ave.. let me know which one you went..

I tried to get their nos in net but its going as wrong no.. and yeah from outside parlour looks good near village.. let me try bombay 1st then.. is it a normal or U cut u did?

between, where did you reside in jersey? too costly na? even parking is a big problem right.. just because of my job we are here.. hus didnt like this area at all.. he always like to reside in calm locations.. >4mon we may shift to south jersey may be

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  6. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Anitha,

They charged 12-15$, i don't remember exactly. One time was U & other time it was step.

But for threading $5, that i remember well..

Its opposite to Patel cash&carry, board will be in pink colour,dosai hutside.

Yes rent are high there ,not spacious. As it was my place after landing, i felt ok,passed 3yrs there. We were in bleecker street, just10mts in van to Newark ave.

After coming here,we find a huge different,real U.S. There all setup literally like India. Only good thing good commute,no need of car.After coming here we got car.

Before you shift from there visit Newport mall&mainly seacacus outlet mall(search in net for Harmon crove center), there try to visit "The Child's Place" you will get for kid's under 2 very cheap&good deal from 50cent-4$ many dresses.

Even after coming here i travelled 50mts& did shopping 2 times.

Last but not least, if u have Indian license,finish written test & get licence, no road test in Jersey city. I missed that great chance,now suffering.

Before DMV office was near JSQ,but now shifted Bayonne.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  7. AnithaPartha

Dear Gokusha,

Nice to see your response:)
    Since am new to jersey got to know a lot now from you :thumbsup
    We have been to newport area once(my friend staying there in an apart)..
    But where is this "The Child's Place"??
    Okay, I will check how much they are charging for step cut.. which was good? I have tried both in india but not even 1 time in USA.. I always leave free hair so I think step will suit me.. Will they tell which will suit for our hair? May be no if they are rude:rotfllike the lady you mentioned earlier..

Sathvika - My Dh cousin name is also the same.. She is in Canada for higher studies.. Are you working? where is your hus working? you know now am travelling 1.5 hrs to my off in NY.. we stay in duncan and I need to catch 87 bus then path then B & 7 train to my off :drowning:spin.. soon shifting to jersey off itself.. then my life will become much better i think.. in future we are planning to mve to parlin near edison only.. did u go to oak road theatre.. I think for my 1st wedding aniv we went to VA movie in oak only.. but we didnt lik theatre that much dea.r. theatres in paramus & here are much better I would say

Adding - New port mall - i dont think we went there.. but we have been to target, jc penny.. and we go to kohls in secaucus i think.. where is secaucus mall.. no idea

8. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anitha,

Hope they'll suggest,, if you ask them. As i got straight hair, they only suggested me to have step 2ndtime.

I'm homemaker,my hubby works in midtown (NYC).

Newport mall is15-20mts in car,it is located very near to Newport station, even you got train frm PATH,just 2 stoppings.

Between this seacacus outlet is near by Walmart seacacus

Hartz Retail - Harmon Cove Outlet Center

Never been to oak tree theatre,as its difficult with kid. We went to Indian grocery only.

9. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Usha/Anitha
    Sorry to jump in, but I couldn't help myselves.
    We are planning to move closer to JC. Can you tell me the safe area in JC. I have never liked JC on my previous visits. No offense to anyone; but I felt it has a gloomy touch.
    Usha/Anitha can you tell me safest/better area in JC? How is Journal sq; manhattan avenue etc. Where the Indian population are?
    I checking the apartments in Hobooken; Hackensack and North arlington too. Newport is pricey:)
    Usha; How does your dh find travelling to NYC from edison? I am lately pondering of staying in edison.
    Sorry for too much questions
    -Nitha

10. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

post deleted due to not relevant to topic

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010