Indian lady in reading berkshire

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by ceci_anu, Jan 13, 2008.

1. neetisingh

neetisingh New IL'ite

Hi All,

We live in Maidenhead and really don't know many Indians in the area. We would like to make some friends. Anyone up for meeting on a weekend? It does get a bit lonely without friends :(

Thanks
    Neeti

2. SwethaMaithani

SwethaMaithani New IL'ite

Hi Everybody,

I will be travelling to Newbury coming Jan and am currently looking for places to stay. I am interested in staying with an indian family/other single females in Newbury or Reading.

I stumbled upon this site and am hoping I may receive some help.

Looking forward to the same.

3. DMJYwyg

DMJYwyg New IL'ite

have a right attitude have a good mood.:cheers:cheers

4. BelCanto

BelCanto Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

Nice to see so many of them live in and around reading. I also live close to the Reading town center.:thumbsup I am fairly new to this place.

Can you all give me some info on local indian grocerry store near by , its pretty sad that we do not have ASDA n tesco near by.

N some girly stuff here...... I need some info on beauty parlors near by ... got to shape my eyebrows.

Regards,
    Canto

5. iramathur

iramathur New IL'ite

Hi Haasin! sorry to have not replied sooner... lots of things happening here.. and i was'nt keeping well. i live in lower earley. where do you live?

hi canto!
    which side of the town centre do you live?
    there are lots of indian grocery shops everywhere.
    there are a few on oxford road on the west of town centre. there's best foods, atif, and the biggest is exotic which is a bit more down the oxford road.
    then there are a few on wokingham road, which is a bit of a distance from the town centre.. these are the few i know. there are lots more.
    beauty parlours,,, there's beauty mahal one branch is on oxford road, one in front of the mandir. and i think there's one more.. not sure where...
    but they also had a stall at broad street mall where they do just eyebrows right in the middle of the foyer on the ground floor.. don't know if it's still there.
    hope that helps
    ira

6. BelCanto

BelCanto Senior IL'ite

Hi iramathur,

thanks for your reply and ideas!! I will try to explore the oxford road asap.
    You had written that you weren't well , hope you get well soon. I am also not keeping very well these days !! :(.. feels so tired most of the time.

Btw i live in caversham area.. close to 10 mins walk to the town center which i think is fairlynear to walk up to the town center.

Regards,
    BelCanto

7. iramathur

iramathur New IL'ite

yeah!
    i hope you get better soon......
    i am better now... actually i am pregnant! and had a hellish first few months..... but hopefully am getting better now......
    yes, caversham is very close to town, there could be indian shops in caversham itself... because there are lots of indians in caversham....
    my husband used to work on caversham road until a few months ago.... and lots of his friends used to live in caversham.
    you could explore what buses could take you to oxford road... that would probably be easier.

8. BelCanto

BelCanto Senior IL'ite

thats great! congragulations..
    we are planning to go to oxford road today.. hopefully we will be able to make it ther :)
    Also, want some information bout the private health clinic here.. saw few indians gps on net who live closer to my area , but they have very disappointing reviews.. :( :( ..
    Do you ve any suggestions ?? which gp are you consulting ??

Planning to start a new thread as well...