Indian Ladies In Zurich

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by Keerthy345, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Keerthy345

Keerthy345 New IL'ite

Hi There,

I am new to Zurich and indusladies . Moved to zurich lately and looking for our desi ladies .Would love to make new friends.

Please introduce yourself.

Cheers.

P.S I noticed another similar thread but looks like its old and inactive.So started a new one.

Hibson likes this.

2. AkkuAvni

AkkuAvni New IL'ite

Hi Ladies

I need some urgent info from any1 who has knowledge.

My hubby is moving to Zurich next month and as of now his project is for 1 yr. we wanted to know what items he can carry there in check in bag and hand bag. He wants to take home made snacks and ready to eat items and some spices also... Can we carry some rice and dal in small qty? Until he finds an Indian store to buy.

I am clueless as to what to/ not to include in the bag. Checking the websites also,, but the info is not very clear.

Ur inputs would really help us.

Thanks a lot :)

3. NowhereGirl

NowhereGirl New IL'ite

Hi!

I hope my message reaches you before your husband flies to Switzerland. Indeed, luggage is always an issue. I think he can take some amount of rice, dal and spices into his luggage. I would be careful with the hand bad, he should just take little of snacks and of course no liquid! But I have some addresses in Zurich where he can buy Indian food:
    Aggarwal - Kernstrasse 27
    Josefstrasse 91
    Art of Food - Franklinstrasse 4, Oerlikon
    Gasmeterstrasse 31
    Tandoor - Neuwiesenstrasse 6, Winterthur
    As I'm not Indian, I probably have left out some hidden spots, but I know those shops.
    He can also shop in the Swiss supermarket Migros and Coop.

Hope, my instructions were helpful and your husband has a nice stay in Switzerland.

Greetings,
    Laura

AkkuAvni likes this.
  4. AkkuAvni

AkkuAvni New IL'ite

Hi Laura,

Thanks a lot for the information. It would be really helpful for my husband there.

5. AkkuAvni

AkkuAvni New IL'ite

Dear Laura

Do u have any information on shared accomodation for him? I've heard that city travel facility is very good. Or does he need a car. His office is in Badenerstrasse. Nearby accomodation would be really helpful for travelling. And also pls share me your idea of cost of living in that area, approx amount for a male with shared accomodation with a normal lifestyle.

thanks
    AA

6. AkkuAvni

AkkuAvni New IL'ite

I also need info about SIM cards for mobile. Which one would be cost effective call rates to India.

AA

7. seems23

seems23 New IL'ite

Hi guys,
    We are planning to moving in zurich in next six month from india for my husband project.I want to know which is good place to live in Zurich.I have 12 yr old son and 4yr old daughter.we are worrying for kids education especially for my son.is there any englishschool for 12yr kid. Pls help me.

8. seems23

seems23 New IL'ite

Hi guys,
    We are planning to moving in zurich in next six month from india for my husband project.I want to know which is good place to live in Zurich.I have 12 yr old son and 4yr old daughter.we are worrying for kids education especially for my son.is there any englishschool for 12yr kid. Pls help me.

9. NowhereGirl

NowhereGirl New IL'ite

Hi!

Well, I don't have experiences with International School, but of course there are. It depend, how long you are staying in Switzerland. If you are staying longer, then public school is an option. Here you have a link that might help you:
    Education for Expat Children in Zurich

Best,

Laura