Indian ladies in UK - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by Sindhurao, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

HI Maha:

Welcome to Indusladies! I see you live near Southampton - a good friend of mine lives in Southampton. I don't know about South Indians but I know for sure there are quite a few Indians living there since they have quite a good turnout for their Diwali celebration.

Yes, as you mentioned Indusladies is a great website and have you had a look at the recipes forum (Click on the link to get there)? If you like cooking you will get hooked to the recipes forum:)

How long have you been playing tournaments? So you must be teaching chess in schools as a part of the 'after school clubs'. Very interesting indeed.

Wishing you a lovely time in IL!

Sindhu

2. ElishaA

ElishaA New IL'ite

Hi Girls,

I'm from Bracknell Berkshire.

Does anybody else live in there?

Eli

3. igm

igm New IL'ite

Hi everyone!!

Hello!! :hiya

This website is amazing!!Im soo glad i stumbled upon it!!I just moved to the UK 2 weeks ago.Kind of difficult to get adjusted to the weather.Can be soo depressing and dreary when you are used to a lot of sunshine!!I guess this is probably not the right place to introduce myself...but it made sense since its a forum for Indians in the UK!!

I live in Leamington Spa with my husband who works here.

Hope I can make friends out here!

Cheers!!
    I

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Re: Hi everyone!!

Hi igm,
    welcome to IL COMMUNITY. here you can share anything with anybody. you can post nice things about you and the world around you.
    with love
    pad.

5. ElishaA

ElishaA New IL'ite

Hi Igm,

If you ever need any advice please don't hesitate to ask me.
    I'm quite good at job and careers questions as I use to work in recruitment until I lost my job :(

How are you liking Leamington Spa? I'm sure its nothing like back home but hay!

So do you go out and explore? I kbow its very daunting when you move to a new area let alone a new country hay!

Eli

6. igm

igm New IL'ite

:)

thanks pad...i feel really welcome!!
    Im sure I'll be quite an active member here!!:D

@ Eli : Im soo sorry about your job....must be a recession victim huh?:-/ I hope some thing good comes up for you soon!!

I do want to start looking out for job soon.I hear its pretty tough here.I have absolutely no work experience to speak of.Been a student all the time!Im armed with an engineering degree and MBA from reputed Indian Universities.How do I go about job hunting??

It can be really so boring to just sit at home here.The english weather just adds to it.

Leamington is quite lovely actually...I havent been to any other place in England so I dont really have anything to compare it with!Im in love with the library and the gorgeous gardens here....Im looking forward to see how things will be in spring!

:)

7. igm

igm New IL'ite

Hello everyone!!!

I did start my own little introductory thread ystrday...just saw this now!:p
    Im from Leamington....or maybe Im currently in Leamington...Im from bright, sunny colourful India!!
    Thats what I missed the most when I got here...there isnt much colour around here!!.Somehow colours like pink and orange look all dull!Maybe its because of winter and things will brighten up during summer.
    And I understand what some of you meant by the lack of social life here.Ive stayed in the Middle East for years and although it has its own customs and cultures,there is always a very active and vibrant Indian Community there and
    you dont really feel far from home!!
    I havent really seen many Indians around here either.And shockingly I even havent seen my neighbours!!I suppose everyone more or less keeps to themselves.
    Im newly married as well...my days have fallen into routine of getting to know my husband and the place where I live.....
    Ive also started experimenting with cooking now...I dont particularly enjoy it but its worth to see the expression on my husband's face when I cook something all on my own!!:)

luv
    I

8. ElishaA

ElishaA New IL'ite

Hi Igm,

The first step you could take is getting your self some valuable work experience.

So what ever you graduated in apply to loads of companies within that industry/sector with your grades and a covering letter saying you have just graduated and you would like to do some work experience for their company (remembering to change the name each time)

The second step you could take is to sign up to online job boards for free and apply for positons online. It quick and easy just type job boards into google and loads will come up -their really good. If you want to know some specific ones just ask me :)

Lastly the only other adviceI can think of is to apply for graduate roles, you have a higher chance of getting a job that way usually in these positions you get trained on the job.

All the best of Luck !!

Eli

9. SumanP

SumanP New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

I am Suman from Delhi, <INPUT type=hidden name=IL_MARKER>India. A mum of 2 boys, 4½ and 8 months. We moved to UK from Finland a few months back. We live in Hampshire.

Its good to be a part of ILs where I am sure looking forward to a lot of interaction.

Cheers:thumbsup
    Suman

10. kasturi131

kasturi131 New IL'ite

hi everyone,

I have introduced myself earlier in a different thread but would love to intro myself again in this thread.
    Been here in UK for the past 2 years. Currently my husband and I are in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
    Would really love to make friends and exchange ideas

kasturi