Indian ladies in UK - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by Sindhurao, Jul 21, 2008.

1. inkipinki

inkipinki New IL'ite

Hi

Is there any one who live in Essex, Greater London?? I know there are a lot of indian families around, but would like to know more...Thanks

Inkipinki

2. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hello inkipinki:

A very warm welcome to Indusladies. I am sure you will find ILites living in and around Essex - just a matter of time.

And while you are here, enjoy the various Indusladies (IL) forums. You will surely find a few of your interests.

Also, do go through these links below. They will help you become familiar with the site.
    www.indusladies.com/fe &
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/new-member-area/3447-new-comer-indusladies-tips-you.html

Enjoy
    Sindhu

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  3. vidhyakuppanna

vidhyakuppanna New IL'ite

Hi everybody,

I live in acton(ealing)..and I came here in june 2008. its been just a few months.

I am a mom to be ( 20 weeks pregnant)..and will be delivering my baby in london. Its all new to me ...just settling down..like everybody feels..I also like this place in summer..and winters seem to be really gloomy..sleepy..drowsy and of course very cold. I am from chennai..and this drastic change in weather is hard to cope with in the begining...

Really scared when I think of delivery here in london..been to hospital for a couple of checks...seems ok..

Vidhya

4. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Hello Vidhya ,

Welcome to IL and London.

My hearty congratulations to you and don't worry anything at all.I know a lot of people who have delivered baby here and heard positive reviews on hospital care during pregnancy and child birth.

You are absolutely right that winters are quite gloomy here and now that you have IL you can spend your time with valuable information on the forums here.You might be interested in the section on Pregnancy and Delivery to post your queries and get expert advice from fellow ILites.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pregnancy-labor-and-delivery/

Enjoy your stay.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  5. Kalakotir

Kalakotir New IL'ite

Re: Indian ladies in UK - Any person in BA Flight Hyd to Heathrow on 24th Dec 08

Hi friends:hiya,

My name is Ravi working as a doctor in NHS from 2004. I am working in Durham at the moment and my wife at Chesterfield with our kids(boys 1yr 6 months and 9 years). As my mother-in-law is travelling alone in British Airways direct flight from Hyderabad to London Heathrow(Flight BA0276) on 24th Dec 2008. Please let me know if any person travelling in the same flight to give company ! :thankyou2: in advance !!!!!!!!

6. Garima_Bombay

Garima_Bombay New IL'ite

Hi Sindhu

Technically I am not in the UK yet but will be moving there soon..in about 7 months from now..I hope I can get some inputs from all of you staying there for some time now. We will be moving to the north-eastern County of Durham. My husband will be going to the Durham Business School for his full time MBA. I too have sought admissionon their MA Management programme. Durham looks like a lovely place from what I see of it on the net. I visited the Uk last year and travelled to York and the Lake District,though stayed at London...loved it!!!

I have two sons -12 and 8 and am in the process of making school applications for them for the 2009 session. Could you tell me what are the term schedules for kids there?

Look forward to connecting with Indians from all over the UK...
    Cheers :)

7. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Re: Indian ladies in UK - Any person in BA Flight Hyd to Heathrow on 24th Dec 08

Hi Ravi:

Welcome to Indusladies!

I do hope you have found a fellow passenger for your mother-in-law by now. In my opinion, 24th dec. being the middle of christmas holidays and most of us flying out to India plan holidays between 20th Dec. to Jan. 1st week. So the likelihood of getting company from India around 24th might be difficult, however, not impossible:)

Hope your mother-in-law has a good and safe flight to London.

Sindhu

8. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Garima:

A very warm welcome to Indusladies!

Good to know that you have sought admission for your management course at Durham. That will keep you busy:)

Normally, the new school term starts in September, so your children will be in time for that. Assuming you are in the UK in July, you have a good 2 months to settle down before the children start schooling.

The school term is divided into autumn, winter, spring and summer terms, each of them lasting for a maixmum of 8 weeks. After which they break up for a week or so. Finally, ofcourse after the summer term the school breaks for 6 weeks.

While the above information holds good for state schools, there maybe a slight variation in the independent schools (private schools).

Hope you find this information helpful. Let me know if you need any other related information.

I have never been to Durham myself, so cannot be of help there.

Sindhu

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  9. mahachandar

mahachandar New IL'ite

Hi Ladies

I am a new member and my name is Maha living in Eastleigh town near southampton for the past 2 years.I have 6 years,4 years son and daughter .

I am working in a part time contract in Finance. My hobbies are playing chess tournaments in Hampshire matches and teach chess in my son's school.

My entertainment cooking. Whenever i get free time i always cook new items. I am seeing lot of srilanks in the town but not southindians.

It is really nice and very useful website for indian ladies like us.
    bye

10. Garima_Bombay

Garima_Bombay New IL'ite

Hi Sindhu
    Thanks a lot for all the information.Sorry for such a delayed response, though. It is great hearing from you. I read one of your threads and realised you are back fromt he UK,right? So how was your stay there and do you miss it after having moved out from there?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009