Indian ladies in Switzerland ?

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by gundasi, May 30, 2008.

1. gundasi

gundasi New IL'ite

Hi there :hiya,

How many Indusladies are in Switzerland? Especially in Zurich?

Most of the people living here would have experienced the language shock.many indian women face the problem of buying groceries ,flours for making rotis,buying indian food in indian stores etc in German language. Witsend

Indusladies living here, could you share your experiences on everyday life in Swiss so that it can help the other ladies coming to Swiss for a long term or short term tenure?:spin:spin

Regards,
    Lalitha

2. roopam29

roopam29 New IL'ite

Hi Lalitha,
    Thanks for bringing it up. Actually I want to know what kind of visa is given to a dependent of a person coming on tourist visa (which means work purporse), that too for short term like 2 weeks?
    If anyone knows please help?
    Thanks,
    Roopa

3. reddy36

reddy36 New IL'ite

Hi

i am from Bangalore i am working in a MNC in bangalore, on of my frined stay in
    Zurich with her family, how is the life ther and how are the people, because she is married to a Iatlian he works in Zurich, in some company, reply to me at my mail id plase.

Thank You
    reddy

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2008
  4. gundasi

gundasi New IL'ite

Roopa,
    Tourist Visa in Swiss is not for work purpose . Do you mean Business visa for 2 weeks ?As stated in ' www dot eda dot admin dot ch/eda/en/home/reps/nameri/vusa/ref_visinf/visusa dot html'
    ' Foreigners who do not wish to engage in a gainful activity (work) and do not intend to study in Switzerland may stay for a period of up to three months without a residence permit.
    Visitors who travel to Switzerland on a regular basis, but stay for less than a 3-month period each time, must apply for a permit if their total stay exceeds 6 months within a 12-month period.'

So you must to apply for the 'TOURIST visa' which would be valid for maximum 90 days with multiple entry . If person comes on temporary work visa ,say 6 months then he would get L workpermit.If more than a year then B-permit(Types of Permits: Switzerland does not use the term "work permit" in its traditional sense. The residence permit is a combination of both a residence and work permit, entitling the holder to live in a particular Canton and work for a specified employer) and so on...

HTH,
    Lalitha

5. gundasi

gundasi New IL'ite

Hi Reddy,
    Swiss has 4 official languages- Northswiss -German(local dialect is Swiss german)
    West-French
    East - Italian
    south- Romansch

Everything is written in the first 3 languages and not english. most ppl know english but too proud to speak in English.Life in General is good,less population ,nill pollution,good snow mountain views etc etc. Swiss are little conservative and very puntual.Cost of living is little expensive when compared to the adjacent EU countries .So people usually take Schengen visa and travel there for shopping alone. Anything specific you need you can ask.

HTH
    L

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  6. reddy36

reddy36 New IL'ite

Hi

Thanks Gundasi for ur information, how is the people from India treated there
    where u stay in Zurich, if u stay some where ther i will give the Adresss of my frind so u can meet her and have a chat, if u "dont mind this" because she is my one of
    the bestfrined from my school dys i will be witing for ur reply.

Reddy

7. gundasi

gundasi New IL'ite

Hi Reddy,
    i am on travel to India. So it won't be possible to meet .But let me try. Where is she put up? I am in Zurich .

-L

8. roopam29

roopam29 New IL'ite

Hi Lalitha,
    Thanks for the information regarding the visa.
    Currently I will be visiting Geneva from Jun 29th -Jul 12th with my husband on his business trip.
    We will be put up in a hotel.During this stay I want to travel in and around Geneva so that I can make use of the time, instead of just sitting in the hotel room all day.Also I would like to know where the nearest and cheapest indian grocery store is located.
    Could anyone please help me with travelling in and around Geneva (is eurail the best option for a day trip or half-day trip), and also for indian grocery store? Also are there any homemakers in Geneva (Indian ladies) whom I can meet during the day just to get oriented to the place and make friends with?

Thanks and Regards,
    Roopa

9. reddy36

reddy36 New IL'ite

hi
    are u came to zurick or still in india only pls inform me

10. ramyadp

ramyadp New IL'ite

hi,
    iam in geneva. there are lot of places to see in and around geneva. in geneva u can see
    1. united nations
    2.jardin botanique( it is a garden)
    3.lake geneva

u can see most of the places travelling in buses.
    Montreux is 1 hour drive from geneva. it is a beautiful place.
    mount titilis is also 2 hrs from geneva

hope this helps.
    cheers,
    ramya