Indian ladies in Stockholm - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Shashi913

Shashi913 New IL'ite

Hello everybody

I am Shashi from chennai, India.I am currently in US. I will be moving to Södertälje, Sweden along with my husband and 2 year old son there by the end of nov 2011. I am totally new to this place.

I would like to know information about Apartment rentals(furnished),preschool education for my 2 year old son ,indian grocery stores,temples and whether electrical items like mixer grinders bought in India will be suitable there.Are there Indians in Södertälje?

Would also like to know about the weather conditions?

Hoping to get a reply.

Best
    Shashi

2. bng

bng New IL'ite

Hi,
    Hope by this time u might have got some information on sweden , I am moving with my 6yr old Daughter and &7 month old Baby during March 2012. If you have got any information on school & Indian stores
    please let me know.
    thanks,
    yashujay

3. Nomadic

Nomadic New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am moving with my husband and 6 yr old to Södertälje in June 2012 as my husband has got a job offer from there. We are right now in Netherlands, finishing our Phd. I have also started looking for a job or post-doc position in the Stockholm area. It would be nice to get to know people who have gone through the move.

Shashi, you might be moving about now. I would love to chat with you and hear about your move.

Cheers,
    N

4. chinnuus2002

chinnuus2002 New IL'ite

Re: Threading n waxing in Stockholm

Dears,
    This this Chinnu. Came to Stockholm recently on WP dependent visa. I wish to connect with indian families near Solna. Also, please advice on where to start finding the jobs in IT.

5. CindyM

CindyM New IL'ite

Hi

I'm Cindy from South Africa, my husband and I will travelling To Stockholm in early June for a month-this will allow us (apart from me doing some work) time acclimatise and search for apartments. The semi move will take place end July or Early August.

Please advise are there any groups where I can meet friends or join voluntarily organizations.

I would also like too know where can I go for threading, facials and spice shopping.

Take Care
    Cindy

6. nikkizen

nikkizen New IL'ite

Hi Habiba,

I was actually looking out for someone who does threading at home in Goteborg.I am staying in Utlandagatan and can visit you for threading.Please let me know a convenient time to visit u.

Nikki

7. smitarobin

smitarobin New IL'ite

Hi I am Smita from Bangalore we will be moving to Stockholm just wanted to know how it is there in terms of housing,Indian food ,` school etc.I have 2 kids my daughter is 6 yrs old if someone can suggest a good English school for her it will be great help , here we stay in an apartment and my daughter has lots of friends most of the time they are playing I was wondering how it will be for her in Stockholm ,my son is just 9 mnths old.
    I have been working as a lecturer in Bangalore for the past 6yrs , when we move to Stockholm I wont be working out of the house I looking forward to finding friends in Stockholm , I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.

regards
    smita

8. smitarobin

smitarobin New IL'ite

hi
    I am Smita from Bangalore we will be moving to Stockholm in august of this year I have a 6 yr old daughter and a 10 month old son I was wondering if you have already shifted to Stockholm could you please give me info about school etc..

regards
    smita

9. hariniarunk

hariniarunk New IL'ite

Hi All,

By taking pleasure to be a part of this community, I introduce myself,

Im Harini Arunkumar currently living in Down town Sodertalje,Sweden.

Im married my husband works here.

Interested in meeting people & making frenz.

I will be soon joining SFI Svenska classes here to make my stay more comfortable. :)
    Looking forward to make many frenz........

10. SelmaKhan

SelmaKhan New IL'ite

Hi! My name is Selma and im born in Sweden, Stockholm but my parents are from India. I speak fluently Swedish, hindi and english. My family also lives here in Stockholm but I have my own apartment in Alby/Norsborg. Im 25 and I'm studying for social worker, just started with it :p. I love to play badminton as I have been playing for 10 years but stopped because of injury. More about me well I'm a simple girl who loves to enjoy life by living in the present and being grateful each day! I want to meet people who share this thought so we can have a blast together :) /Love Selma