Indian ladies in Stockholm - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. wanderer

wanderer New IL'ite

Hi Everyone!

I am a new member in your group. I am still in India but will relocate to Kista by this year end. I am a 32 years old Punjabi female IT professional. I am not working right now as I took a break from my job a couple of years ago. I have a three and a half years old son. I would really like to know some nice and decent ladies there in Sweden.

Looking forward to a lovely life in Sweden!

2. Tabs

Tabs New IL'ite

Hi All
    glad to have come across this website, I'm moving to Sweden (Ludvika) tomorrow from London! Don't have a clue wht the place is like, would be great to know if there are any asians in Ludvika.

Hope to keep in touch :)

Tabs

3. mina2010

mina2010 New IL'ite

hey mandy, i moved to sodermalm last month...would love to meet you for a cup of tea...interested? mina

4. sonu30

sonu30 New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

I have arrived to Stockholm few days back to join my husband. I came to know that we can get free swedish language training in Stockholm. Can anybody please tell me that where I will get information for this?

mayura

5. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi Sonu,

There are lot of schools which offer free Swedish language classes. When I was there, I attended the SFI Skola in Mariatorget.There must be many others as well.

All the best.

Love
    Anu

6. VAISHVIVA

VAISHVIVA New IL'ite

Re: anything on Stockholm

Hi I am a home maker with a teenage daughter planning to settle in Stockholm. I would like to know suburban areas where we have a good Indian professional community where I can decide to stay. Also are there Indian groceries and bollywood movies ?
    What about Indian snacks and ready to eat meals from Gits etc ?

Any information from any Indian origin woman would be helpful.

Thanks

7. nbano

nbano New IL'ite

Hi Gals,

I am Bano and am thinking of moving to stockholm from Pakistan. Can you please give me some information. I have heard it is very difficult to survive if you dont know swedish and there are hardly any englich speaking jobs. Is that correct. Also, I will be bringing my son (3 yrs old) with me so what about the nurseries and stuff? will appreciate any help :drowning

8. suhanilakshami

suhanilakshami New IL'ite

Re: anything on Stockholm

Hi VAISHVIVA, Sweden nowadays has lot of indian grocery store. There is one in Kista called Kista grossen. Here you can find all ready to eat meals, snacks, fresh vegetables Gits brand etc. and as far as bollywood movies are concerned, not in theatre at least. You can download and watch them :)
    Most of the areas in Sweden are good depends where you get the housing. Housing is a biggest issue here. If money is not a concern then Danderyd is the best else Kista, Huddinge are the few places where lots of immigrants live, kind of mixed community. Where in India are you from? Will you be working here? I live and work here for many years and plan to settle down here, let me know if I can help with further queries.

9. ParneetKaur

ParneetKaur New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

My name is Parneet and It's just one month I came to Sweden,Stockholm.

Since summers are on its way, I would like to know some good destinations for weekends and Cruise options too.

Also, here finding an apartment is big pain :-( . Can any of you help/guide me in finding one/two BHK apartment at reasonable cost for me and my husband.

It would be great to see some responses on this.

Thanks
    Parneet

10. sarirani

sarirani New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I am saritha, we stay at Kista. We are in stockholm from feb 2011. We liked stockholm very much. Hope to make some friends in stockholm thru Indusladies.

Cheers,
    Saritha.