Indian Ladies in Sharjah - meet here!

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Sharjah' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. rajpalrao

rajpalrao New IL'ite

hi all,

i am not a lady, but just landed on this page from showmethecurry.com and found this converstaion and thought of giving my inputs.

there are various ways to commute from sharjah to dubai.
    1) RTA has started few buses from sharjah to dubai, which ofcourse are not feasible to travel if you are working.
    2) advertise / check in Gulf News for your commuting requirement and some car lift will call you, generally, ads are posted in classifieds section.
    3) paste notice about your commuting requirement in / near supermarket as there are lot of people who do car lift and look for such notices and believe me, they work.
    4) You may use other commuting services such as Fancy, Belhasa, etc, but I heard there was a rule in sharjah that Dubai registered vehicles will be fined if they pick up from sharjah and hence they might not pickup, just call them and inquire.

hope you find the info and tips useful.

rajpal rao

Danimanu likes this.
  2. sujatha r

sujatha r New IL'ite

hello everybody,

i am sujatha ,basically from chennai but have lived in different places.i am married with one son and am a homemaker.we will be moving to sharjah shortly.i wanted to know the following -
    1]which are the good residential areas in sharjah?how is al nahda?
    2]how is the cambridge international school in dubai?will it be difficult for my son to go to that school while staying in sharjah? [ i heard the traffic on the sharjah - dubai road is pretty bad]
    3]how is the victoria english school?are there many indians in that school?
    4]how is the sharjah british school?[ it is different from the sharjah english speaking school which seems pretty expensive]

2 people like this.
  3. PoonamSri

PoonamSri New IL'ite

Hi Indus Ladies,

I have been reminded that I am lazy and I have not posted anything for a long time. I am a Chartered Accountant by profession and I have been in UAE for some seven years now. enjoying every bit of my life. I am a single parent and I have a son studying in 11th.

I do lots of shopping and movies is my passion. I am regular to gym.(I am quite healthy you know). I love what I do and do what i love.

God bless all the Indus Ladies and I wish everyone a healthy and happy life.

PoonamSri.

4. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sujatha,
    First of all, sorry for the late reply. There is heavy traffic congestion on the Sharjah- Dubai road, on a daily basis. You can look for houses in Corniche area or Al Nahda area. Cambridge Intl is a good school. But in my opinion, it will be very tedious for your child.
    I do not have much info about Victoria & British schools. But I will try to gather some info and let you know.

Regards
    USHA

5. sujatha r

sujatha r New IL'ite

Hello Usha,

Thank you very much for the information.Since you said that traffic is bad on the Sharjah Dubai road,would it be a good idea to live in Al Qusais in Dubai, if my son goes to Cambridge School?My husband's workplace will be in the Sharjah Airport free zone.

With warm regards,
    Sujatha

6. DrFakhar

DrFakhar Guest

Hi , i am fakhar basically i am pakistani but living in sharjah. i like this indian community very much. i am ladies doctor any thing if i can help u , will be my pleasure. thanks

7. DrFakhar

DrFakhar Guest

8. DrFakhar

DrFakhar Guest

i am dr fakhar living in sharjah , if i can help any body here will be my pleasure. thanks

9. yasha22

yasha22 New IL'ite

Hi Samata,

Welcome to sharjah! I hope you have found the place interesting except traffic. I am also a Computer Engineer by education but presently a housewife . I have a 3 1/2 years old son and so i dont want to go for a full time job. If you come across some part time jobs in Sharjah do inform me !

All the best for your job search!

Warm regards,
    yasha

hi

i am samata and i have recently moved to sharjah. My husband is working here. I am a housewife ... by education a computer engineer.

...no kids yet ... but need all the best wishes for having one soon :)

i came to know about indusladies while surfing on net ... This looks like good and informative forum and I look forward to interact with all and contribute more.

to start with i have a query ... i m currently searching for a job...but problem is all the jobs seems to be available in dubai ... and travelling to dubai is nightmare for me... u don't get cabs easily and there is no other means ... i do not have a driving license too.. do u know any good ways of commuting to dubai from sharjah??

keep in touch ladies

samata[/quote]

Last edited: May 5, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  10. Priya_ji

Priya_ji New IL'ite

Hi everyone

I am priya, soon relocating to Sharjah. I would like to know more about sharjah. Hope I can learn a lot from this website.

Look forward to knowing others.

Regards
    Priya

1 person likes this.