Indian Ladies in Houston - Meet here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by Induslady, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Abeeb44

Abeeb44 New IL'ite

Hi sharada

How are you doing? Great to know you live in Katy. I live in houston. I got married in sept and moved to houston in oct 2006. My husband is a SAP BW consultant too! :) I heard about this site from a friend and just registered myself hoping to meet some friends in houston.

R,
    Abee

2. Abeeb44

Abeeb44 New IL'ite

New

Hi houston,
    How are you all? Its great to see so many of you from houston. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

I got married in sept...moved to houston in oct 2006. I spend most of my time chatting with friends, cooking, reading and watching TV.

R,
    Abi

3. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

Re: Houston Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

hi All,
    Good to know you all live in and around Houston. I lived in Chicago, Boston, DC and now i'm in Katy.
    Abee, I work near Gallaria. Enjoy ur free time! It will not last for ever!
    Vara, Kala and Skoma, I'm from Hyderabad too. My husband is from Chennai. my mother is from Kerala. We lived in Bangalore. So i speak Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Hindi and English. I'm learning Sapnish.
    Janaki, I'll sure call u and also let others know about you.
    Nice meeting all of you. Let me know if i can help u in any way.
    regards,
    Sharada

4. Abeeb44

Abeeb44 New IL'ite

Hi sharadha,
    Good to see your reply. Yeah Iam sure enjoying my free time...but sometimes I have too much free time on my hands :). So I was just wondering if there is anything interesting to do when Iam on my dependent VISA. Do you know any activities going on here...? I just got my learner's permit and Iam started learning to drive. So I just thought....after I start driving ...maybe I can go to some classes. I even thought of doing a SAP BW course.

Abi

5. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi Abi,
    Yes. BW would be great. In fact I learnt it from my husband. if you have any software background, BW should be easy. Especially if you have Data Warehousing. In Houston there is a place called Enterprise Logic. Check it out in google.
    You can always do voluntary work in a library, post office, hospitals etc. They really appreciate it. But I wouldn't advise you to go to high traffic places with a learners' permit. Especially in Houston.
    Check out the Community Colleges near you. They may have some good courses.
    Regards,
    Sharada

6. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Hey everybody,
    I am relatively new to this grp. Right now I am put up in a software company in Chennai. If everything goes on well, i am getting married this June and will be moving to Houston. My fiance currently works thr. I plan to do an MS later.
    Any preparation tips you all wud like to give ? I am eying on these community colleges too, till I join Univs to continue my studies.

Looks like SAP is an in-thing there ! :)

7. Sushila

Sushila New IL'ite

Hi !!!
    Im Sushila. I live in Spring which is in northwest Houston. I came to U.S in 2004. basically im from Chennai,India and I live here with my Husband who is an ERP consultant.

Hope to meet new people....:)

8. runagandhi

runagandhi New IL'ite

Hi

I am Runa Gandhi nee Dey. My husband and I have recently moved from Mumbai to Houston. I am looking for a job currently.

I am quite new to the city and would like to be friends with other Indian ladies here in Houston. Please private message me.

Do get in touch with me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2007
  9. Sushila

Sushila New IL'ite

Hi Runa

Im Sushila and I live in Spring, Houston with my husband. so where do you live?

Welcome to Houson!!!!

bye
    sushi

10. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi Shri Vidya, Sushila and Runa,
    Welcome to IL and Houston. I live in Katy, West of houston. I work near Galleria.
    Yes. SAP (ERP & BI ) are the 'IN' things now. Check out Netweaver. This is the latest package in SAP. Vidya, if you have programming background then look into Enterprise Portal.
    Good to meet you guys,
    Regards,
    Sharada