Indian ladies in Gothenburg,Sweden

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by ksridevi81, Sep 19, 2008.

1. madhusri8576

madhusri8576 New IL'ite

Hi lakshmi,
    Thats lovely.The place where u living is the dream place for everyone :).
    Happy to see one more telugu friend in this thread.My native is vijayawada.But i did my schooling in TN and Hyd,bcoz of my dads job.I love guntur food especially gutti vankaya kura and avakaya.I missed those stuffs here,Ok folks lets move along with sharing our ideas,suggestions and happy moments in this forum.bye bye :hiya.

See u all soon.

Cheers,
    Madhu.

2. Hemambuja

Hemambuja New IL'ite

Hello Lakshmi,
    Telugu biddalani indusladies lo meet avvadam,friends avvadam is really a nice feeling.So inka cheppani ela undi Geneva? Guntur is a nice place,reminds me of gongura pickle.
    Inka mee gurinchi cheppandi..

Bye
    Hema

3. ksridevi81

ksridevi81 Junior IL'ite

Hello Lakshmi....

Good to see ur reply... Yeah even i feel in the same way.... work lo stress ayinappudu nenu indusladies open chestanu and i feel so relaxed telusa...

So ippudu meeru climate ni baga enjoy chestunnara??

Inkenti andi sangathulu...

4. lakshmidurga

lakshmidurga New IL'ite

Hello all,

Madhu its still not very cold here.. there's daylight till 6 - 6.30 in the evening. nice kada... I was in Cincinnatti some 5 years back... there the winter is horrible... the sun sets by 4 in the evening.. just as ur place now... its snows heavily...
    Have to see how the winter would be in Geneva, the main difference from Cincinatti is that we have to depend on public transport all the time...
    HOw are u managing the winters... horrible to wait for the tram in snow know... and with a kid its really frightening to me right now.

Hello Madhu,
    I really miss the Gutti vankaya... here you get the big eggplants only... sometimes we get them at Indian shops but not of that quality... and nothing can match the homemade avakaya... I will definitely learn soon how to make that yaar. your place is new to me...can u write more abt ur place like weather, transportation etc. thank you.

Hello Hema,
    What is ur native place? yeah... as said above I want to learn our homemade pickles and the nice homemade fritters also(vadiyam varieties)... I really miss them. gongura + pacchi ullipaya what a combination kada?
    R u working Hema? how do u spend the time? got kids? then there would lot of timepass na..... actually we run out of time.

ok bye for now,

5. lakshmidurga

lakshmidurga New IL'ite

sorry yaar.. read my first Madhu as Sridevi.

6. madhusri8576

madhusri8576 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    glad to see u all again.Ikkada kuda winter challa horrible ga undi.but the only thing is its very hard to see snow here.but it rains all the year,always look cloudy.very lovely place to enjoy the scenic.Pubic transportation is good,i used to travel by bus regularly.bcoz my hubby got a car,so i have to manage only on public transport.whats up.Here we get all indian veggies.i tried avvakaya before it came out good.u told that u have a kid so how old is she/he.have u joined her/him in school.challa rojulu taruvata i met few telugu friends here.challa happy ga undi.ok then will meet u all soon

bye to all.
    Regards,
    Madhu.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  7. ksridevi81

ksridevi81 Junior IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi garu...

Good meeku 6-6.30 daylight aa....maku summer lo alage undedhi..but now its really getting darker and darker...next week time change avutundi..appudu inka horrible ga untundi...

I think meeku kuda time change avutundi kada...

Maku kuda ikkada indian veggies dorakavu..i luv avakaya...eppudu india nundi mummy pampistundi...even i wanna try at home... madhu daggara recipe teesukoni try cheyali ayithe...

naku kuda chala happy ga undi indari telugu vallani ikkada kalavadam...

inkenti sangathulu...
    bye

8. lakshmidurga

lakshmidurga New IL'ite

Hello Madhu,
    next time can u post the recipe for avakaya... the main techniques behind getting the good taste of it. my mummy prepares good avakaya... but its my hobby that I try out the same dish various ways.
    I have a girl aged 6 years and she is going to the school here. that's the reason I fear this winter.. dropping her at school and picking up... I don't know how she will cope up. ikkada kooda vegetables dorukuthayyi. but really have to grab them maa... else they will be finished the next day they come into the store. Madhu I am also very happy to talk to you all.

Hello Sridevi
    please don't put garu... pls call me lakshmi. Yes, maaku kooda october lo last sunday they change the clocks. sridevi ikkada vegetables(indian) availability baagane undi... but you really have to grab them... they are finished very soon. I also brought homemade avakaya... but I could not bring more because of this weight issue... I am thinking of options what to do when it will be finished. do you get enough time to experiment with food... you are working know.. think you will be tired after coming home... what 's ur job? on the software front? Sridevi I am also happy to be able to connect to u all.

9. Hemambuja

Hemambuja New IL'ite

Hi sridevi,

Enti meeru Indiaki velluthunnara dec lo. Nenu kuda nov mid lo velthunnanu.

I am planning to do courses in Hyd. After coming back, i can search for jobs here.
    Meru e feild lo work chestunnaru?

Bye
    Hema.

10. Hemambuja

Hemambuja New IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

My native place is hyd.

I am a housewife and having a 2 year old daughter.
    Here in gothenburg we dont get gongura,otherwise i would have made pickle of it. Though not a perfect cook,but all trials.

Inka mee gurinchi cheppandi.

Bye
    Hema.