Indian ladies in Gothenburg,Sweden

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by ksridevi81, Sep 19, 2008.

1. AnithaNandam

AnithaNandam New IL'ite

Hi Sridevi,
    This is Anitha from India. Nice to see you here. We are planning to come Gothenburg as my husband is going to be deployed in Volvo IT. Request to throw some information, ideas and suggestions to find rental apartments, school/ kindergarten for children aged 5 & 6.

Just for info, yes memu telugu varamenandi :)

Thanks in advance.
    - Ani

2. KGPINDIA

KGPINDIA New IL'ite

Hi Jyoti,

If you have started your plan. Please reply. I am in Skovde and shall like to order

3. dianapanda

dianapanda New IL'ite

Hi,
    My family will be moving to Göteborg, Sweden in the next couple of months. We are basically from orissa and currently working in bangalore. My husband and I both work for an IT services firm here and he has a job offer in Göteborg, Sweden. Have 2 kids(3.5 yrs and 3.5 mo)! :)

Would like to know more about life in Göteborg, Sweden. Have lived in Frankfurt for sometime, where language was a problem. Heard that english is spoken a lot in sweden.

Looking for more info on:
    1. Schooling in Göteborg. The employers have said that public schooling is free from grade 1. But looks like the curriculum is taught in swedish. Is that correct? which school do indian expats prefer? the public schools or the international schools? We intend to stay there for a couple of years and depending on how kids education and job situation, will decide to relocate back to india. Given that, how good are the international schools? and pointers to good international and public schools would be of great help.

2. Indian community events: Are there any active indian community events being organized? Thats the best way to meet other expats!
    3. good residential areas to live in Göteborg. Which is easily accessible and has schools and parks nearby. Work location is volvo cars company.
    4. Job application for self: I have about 13 yrs of IT experience and currently on a sabbatical. How easy/difficult is it to apply for a work permit after reaching there?

Would love to hear from other indians in this community. Any odiya ppl in this forum?
    PS: My husband and I have grown up in multiple cities in india(pondicherry, chennai, vizag, jamshedpur and kolkata). Hence multilingual! :) :)

cheers,
    Diana.

4. dianapanda

dianapanda New IL'ite

Hi,
    Could you share more information on schooling. My elder one is 3.5 and currently attends nursery in bangalore. Let me know which school did you shortlist.

5. Abhilasha91

Abhilasha91 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am Abhilasha. I am planning to move to Gothenburg in the 1st week of August. I will be working with HCL. I have been having a hard time finding an accomodation in Gothenburg. I will really appreciate if anyone can help me or suggest some places around the city centre at a reasonable price. Any help will be a blessing in disguise.

Thanks,
    Abhilasha