Indian ladies in Finland?

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by ptamil2007, Oct 12, 2007.

1. shamalaravi

shamalaravi New IL'ite

Hi Poornima, Yamuna, Rehana, Spsparsh, Ptamil2007, Veena, kB2000, Nice to know abt u all. i recently moved into Helsinki with my husband n 4 yrs old son, my husband works for finnish co, i m searching for job.

2. kb2000

kb2000 Bronze IL'ite

hi,

welcome to finland.

3. deepameganathan

deepameganathan New IL'ite

hi,

iam from tamilnadu, India. My Husband will move to finland for his post doctracte fellowship which is for 10 months in the helnsiki university,he has planned to move in the month of June.please let me know

1. the climatic or the weather conditions over there,
    2. wat things are to be purchased from India?to make a economical living on a short stay as he would get 1800 Euro as his stipend.
    3. pl let me know the cost of living for a person on the basic needs such as food,rent of a room for a month,phone charges, Internet,etc.
    4. is it adviable to purchase Laptop from India or getting laptop in finland is economical?

Thanx in advance

4. richagrover32

richagrover32 New IL'ite

hi, im richa from delhi,
    my college has selected a few students for the training process in nokia in finland, and i am one of them, the training is from 1st june to 31st july.
    i want to work in finland , as a full time employee, i hav worked as an editor for a graphic art industry newspaper,and am the executive director of firm making newspaper printing machines, can i pls know that if the printing industry in finland is booming or if there is any scope.
    I really wish to settle down in finland.
    pls help and direct me.

love
    richa

5. manasad

manasad New IL'ite

Hi Yamuna,

I am moving to Finland (Helsinki) in the month of August. Can you guide me on the Finnish language tutorials you went to? It would be of great help. Where did you go and the fee etc?
    I'm also looking for a job. I am a Comp.Sc engineer and an MBA in marketing. Any luck for me?

Thanks,
    Manasa

6. sumakarth

sumakarth New IL'ite

hi padmini and all,
    i'll be moving to finland with my husband soon in a month..I would like to know what all groceries can we bring with us/send through cargo(provided by company)..,my hubby would be joining nokia, so please let me know where could we rent an apartment.. please help me with these details...,

thanks,
    suma

7. itsybitsy

itsybitsy New IL'ite

are there any indian housewife staying in helsinki region.

i am staying close to the kamppi mall/ city centre. anyone who would like to be frineds for taking walks, chit chat etc.

thanks

8. Dollar

Dollar New IL'ite

Yes, in Finland we can find Indian. :)

9. keerthi1

keerthi1 New IL'ite

Hi Yamuna, I am sorry, I am replying you from other's chat. But I am also facing the same prob. I badly wanna get some IT job in Finland. But I am not getting any DWH/Informatica/Teradata/Oracle SQL,PL/SQL related jobs. and I donno whether we can work from home and if we can the further details.. Please help me in this issue if you can. Thanks soo muchh!!

10. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Hello!

I understand this thread has been on for a while now - since I joined just today, I would like to know who is still here in Finland so that we could get to know each other!

I am living in the Helsinki region. Who else is? Do the Indians here meet each others for parties/festivals?

Thanks in advance!