Indian ladies in Finland?

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by ptamil2007, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Ratukuri

Ratukuri New IL'ite

hi,

I live in Helsinki and looking for a job. Please let me know if you get to know any openings. I am into for more than 5 years.

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  2. Ratukuri

Ratukuri New IL'ite

hi Yamuna,

I am Raji and residing in Helsinki now. Could you please let me know of any openings in IT. I have been in this field for more than 5 years.

Thanks!

3. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi Raji,

If you have experience in IT then it is just a matter of time before you get a job here in Helsinki. There are a lot of multinationals here. But now that there is recession, I cannot say of many job openings. A few IT companies in Helsinki: Nokia, Teito Enator, Teleca, Accenture....... Keep looking for Trainee or Temporary positions in Nokia, or other companies It could be a great platform.
    If you are new here and then may be the following can be useful to you.

• Visit infobank in the Helsinki homepage and post question about how to find job in IT.
    • There is a free english language newspaper called Sixdegrees available at a lot of places in Helsinki. Grab a copy every month. Sometimes there is a good peice of information there.
    • Network. Popular networking websites also have groups for indians in Finland. So far as I know, Job openings are filled with the help of the employees contacts.
    I will get back if I get any information. Have a nice stay in Helsinki.

4. Ratukuri

Ratukuri New IL'ite

hi Yamuna,

Thanks a lot for the information. I am checking out the Info bank.

Are you working in Helsinki?? Please let me know if you come across any openings.

Employee referrals would help a lot.

Regards,
    Raji.

5. archuaj

archuaj New IL'ite

Hi All,

Iam Archana and just came to finland with my hubby and iam residing in Helsinki now. Nice to meet u all. Iam happy tht so many indians r here.

6. archuaj

archuaj New IL'ite

Hi All,

Iam Archana and just came to finland with my hubby and iam residing in Helsinki now. Nice to meet u all. Iam happy tht so many indians r here.

Keep going ladies
    :cheers

7. padminipolinati

padminipolinati New IL'ite

Hi Yamuna, Raji and all...!!!
    i have been in helsinki for the past one year... Can we all make friends and meet. I reside in helsinki. I am a researcher here..!!!

8. padminipolinati

Hi rehana,,
    I stay in helsinki...What about you..?

9. hetal1501

hetal1501 New IL'ite

Hey hi.. I am Hetal.. I am planning to move to Finland-helsinki in May2010 with my husband.. I have a 2 yr old son.
    To be honest m bit nervous on howz the life over there.. I m working in IT industry in bangalore right now but havent found any job in Finland. Have heard that its v difficult to get job in Finland. Can someone please guide on whats the way out for finding a job.. I have expertise on .net/webdevelopment/webdesigning/ .. can also do testing...

Also wanted to know about weather and any food items or utensils that i shoudl carry from india?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

10. padminipolinati

Hi Hetal,
    This is Padmini. May would be the right time that ur moving here. Right now its around minus 20 and snowing big. Temperature during summers here which starts after may can be in the range of 20 and 30. Winters can be dark and snowy for which you can good some warm clothes. My advice to you is that you guys can purchase some good winter clothes overhere itself. Before winter starts you can get winter clothing for a good discount price. Regarding things to get from india the most essential thing would be to get a mixie grinder as you have a family. You can also get some pickles and some groceries which would last for a month or two. Here there are a few indian stores where you can get everything for your kitchen. As far as i know the job market for IT seems to be quite ok here. But im really not sure about web designing and dotnet. But there are many avenues where you can try.

If you have anything else to ask me do let me know.

Regards.