Indian ladies in Berkshire, UK

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by archanaanil, Nov 21, 2007.

1. archana2009

archana2009 New IL'ite

Hi Archana

Nice thread. Well my name is also Archana and I live at Bedford Road in Reading which I guess is very near to Reading west. Keep in touch.:thumbsup

2. uma.karthikr

uma.karthikr New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am Uma.I am also living in reading(Earley).Would like to keep in tough with u gals :)

3. sanjubaba

sanjubaba New IL'ite

Hi Uma,
    Sanjay here from Yorkshire.
    Please pass on your number so that we can get in touch

Regards
    Sanjay

4. achutty

achutty New IL'ite

Hi Uma
    i am too looking forward to make a good cirlce of friends around Berks as all mine are living quite far off.

Looking forward to hear from you.:cheers
    with regards
    achutty

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
  5. chocoholic

chocoholic New IL'ite

Me too! I'm considering a move to Reading (created a separate thread on some questions I have)..but would love to have a few ppl who may also be new to the area with whom I can meet up.

6. archana2009

archana2009 New IL'ite

Hey!!! Have you already shifted to Reading? I am living here in Reading since Dec 2008. Keep in touch.

7. chocoholic

chocoholic New IL'ite

Hi Archana..no not moved yet though will do by next month. Just need to find a place to live. Any tips?

Caversham is the area I'm looking at as it's close to the station and from what I've read is one of the safer parts of Reading. Any tips on streets/areas of Reading that are recommended, especially for a single girl?

8. chocoholic

chocoholic New IL'ite

hello all..seems quiet on this thread.

A few questions.

Any advice on where there are indian grocery stores? I've googled, but unsuccessfully.

Also, beauty parlours for threading, waxing etc? Or someone who does it at home? Let me know..thanks!

9. iramathur

iramathur New IL'ite

hello!
    iam ira and i live in lower earley...
    i gather this is an old thread and i stumbled across it on google.....
    is anyone still following this thread... i'd love to meet someone living around here... all my friends live in west reading where we used to live earlier.....
    uma, archana. achutty, radha.... if you're still interested.. maybe we could meet sometime...
    chocoholic... don't worry too much.. there are lots of indian shops according to where you move. there are lots on oxford road in west reading. and there are some on wokingham road in the east. i don't know about the other shops but i am sure there are more.
    and about threading waxing etc... there's a place called beauty mahal on oxford road and one on london road. and i think there are lots of people who do it at home too.... once you move and know where you're living... we can all help you out.

10. chocoholic

chocoholic New IL'ite

Hi Ira

Yeahie, finally a reply :)

I've now moved and am near Prospect Park, on Parkside Road. Would also love to meet some nice ppl and the whole home wax/threading thing as salons are just London prices!