1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Idol on Sony Television

Discussion in 'TV' started by Soniya, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Soniya

Soniya New IL'ite

Dismissal of Amey Date in the recent Indian Idol episode was very hard to digest and disappointing. He is such a good singer ! In my humble opinion he had a wonderful voice! He actually sang one of my favourite Hindi songs and I went bananas voting for him but my votes were not enough to save him :cry:

Indian public was too dumb to vote him out he deserved to stay there!

Anyway, I am big fan of yours Amey and this is not the end!
    Cheers,

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

we tooo like him

Hi Soniya,

that was a drama on Indian Idol this tuesday..
    we (my daughter & myself) too felt bad that amey is out.
    amey was our favourite from the beginning and sad he is out of the race.
    without him, now I don't think I'll watch I. idol.

3. Nagma

Nagma New IL'ite

History repeated

Yeah, Amey was the best of the lot and deserved to win. Voted out against Anuj Sharma from Himachal Pradesh made the situation worse. Anuj Sharma was the weakest of the lot. From Himachal, he is public's favorite contenstant.

That reminds me of Qazi who became Fame gurukul winner despite of lesser singing talent but more public support. Where did they go now? No music we hear from Qazi and Ruprekha chosen after so much of competition to be best singers.

4. Maria

Maria New IL'ite

Inidan Idol 2

About Indian Idol 2 , I feel if you are chosing the winner by public opinion, you have to pay this price. Indian Idol - 2 is meant to get the public favorite (which might not be the best singer). People here have more feelings for someone who comes from remote area and is lesser recognized.

Even Americal Idol and such Idol talent like Indian Idol all over the world follow the same rule.

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

About Indian Idol..

True, although it is a talent contest for the best singer, other factors such as region, religion etc are taking more prominence in the voting public's mind. Although that is a shame, one has to accept it I guess. Saw the last Idol prgm with Vivek Oberoi and Fardeen Khan where both Sonu Nigam and Anu Malik expressed their thoughts and feelings to the public in a very articulate manner. Things can only take a positive turn if more people would vote! Also, they took a public opinion poll where many sensibly said that when the contest reaches the final stages, the judges should give the deciding vote as they are professionals and are hearing the singers in person. Makes sense. But as it is an International format, I don't think Sony has the right to change the rules of the show.
    All the same, we should all take heart in the fact that such a show is providing platform to so many wonderful singers who would be otherwise disappear without a trace. Whether they win or not, this projects them to the public platform and many of them have a better chance to make it to the limelight with their amazing talents. Atleast, let's hope for that.

6. Chandni

Chandni New IL'ite

Indian idol 2

Hi Kamla,

I agree with you. Indian idol on Sony TV gives a platform to many talented youngsters to display their talent in front of crores of people. There will be only one winner but whoever has the talent will get the exposure. Indian Idol at least brings them to the fore with such prominent judges like Sonu Nigam, Anu Malik and Farah Khan ! They are the best judges and even if a participant does not become Indian idol, they get a chance in the bollywood movie to sing if they have good enough talent. Anu Malik has given chance to Rahul Vaidya, Prajakta Shukre and Amit Sana from Indian Idol 1 even though they lost to Abhijeet Sawant.

So, lets hope the best talent gets fair chance and they make their niche in Bollywood to stardom !

7. Chatter

Chatter New IL'ite

Anuj Sharma agony

Anuj Sharma from Himachal Pradesh is voted out from Indian Idol - 2. I feel that is right decision as his voice was not as great as other two. In the Indian Idol Takatak show, Anuj showed his agony against the three judges Sonu Nigam, Farah Khan and Anu Malik. Anuj Sharma said that he will never sing in front of these judges again as they always made negative remarks against his singing. I feel that is a big thing to say for a participant. He has not grown big enough to comment on judges.

Anuj Sharma and other participants like him should learn to take the criticism in their stride in such talent hunt shows. Everyone cannot be winner. Why dont they learn to take criticism in their favour to improvise their talent? Blaming prominent personalities like Sonu Nigam, Farah Khan and Anu Malik is a big mouth talk.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Poor guy!

I saw the episode where Anuj Sharma was voted out. I am also not surprised that he later has shown his discontent about what happened to him on the show. It was not the fault of the judges or anyone though, it was the gross failure of the general voting public who voted for him against a much favoured contestant in one of the previous episodes, I forget the other guy's name. That participant was really good and a hot favourite to win the title when he lost out to Anuj Sharma! It was but natural for the judges to show their massive disappointment. But it went all sour for poor Anuj Sharma. I am sure he felt let down for no fault of his.

My thots..L, Kamla

9. Soniya

Soniya New IL'ite

Hi Kamla,

That guy was Amey Date. He was truely deserving guy and much better singer than Anuj Sharma. Even though he got voted out against Anuj Sharma in Indian Idol 2. But he gracefully took the decision and went away. Judges were right in showing their discontent. After all Sonu Nigam, Farah Khan and Anu Malik are all prominent personalities and know their job.

10. Nagma

Nagma New IL'ite

Indian Idol - 2 Finale

Hi all,

Dont miss the Fianle of Indian Idol Part 2 on Sony TV on 22nd !!!

My favorite is Karunya and I wish he wins :p