1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Idol 5

Discussion in 'TV' started by kalar, May 12, 2010.

1. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Re: Indian Idol 5 - Congrats to Sree Ramachandra

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

CONGRATS TO SREE RAMACHANDRA FOR WINNING INDIAN IDOL 5 TITLE.

He is so wonderful and truly deserve to win this title. I am sure all our iLites would be too happy on him winning this title.

He has great voice, flawless singing and a humble winner.

Hats off to Sree Ram and thanks to the public for selecting him thru their sms.

Best Regards
    Shanti

2. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Defintiely SriRam was the best he deserved the title.............:thumbsup

this is the 3rd time a SI has participated in Indian Idol and our people left no stones unturned for the needed popularity. The media too supported that was 1 very good thing that the media has done in recent times.Previously HemaChandra and Karunya lost only coz of the SI tag.

Even this time Rakesh was brought back using the veto power only as the competitor to SR but i think it was a far clear win with the most number of votes and Rakesh was nowhere near him so they had to declare SR as the winner.But if the difference was not much i wudnt be surprised if Rakesh had won.

Kudos to SR....you are the best :cheers

3. raginisharma

raginisharma Senior IL'ite

I was watching this season of Indian Idol on and off. I watched a couple of the audition episodes and some of the preliminary rounds. Then I lost track of it somehow. A few weeks back I started watching the penultimate episodes from the one in which Aamir Khan and Sharman Joshi came.

I have always been an avid follower of Zee Saregamapa and Star chhote ustaad – I have only watched the first two seasons of Indian Idol regulalrly – I have always found that the standard of talent in the Zee and Star music reality shows is much higher than that in Sony’s Indian Idol.

4. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Dear Ragini

I beg to differ from your comments. It is the other way round. Sony's reality show of Indian Idol is much more well accomplished and higher in standard than Zee's Sa Re Ga Ma or Star's Voice of India.

We compared some of the songs in Voice of India and Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar where some of the best singing talents have been put to test. One of the singers sung Khwaja which was no where near even 10% of what Sriram sang. In fact the original ARR's is also not as good as Sriram's. This even ARR would accept if he hears the song once.

This year Indian Idol is far far superior than ZEE's and Star's with regard to its presentation, contestants, judges, anchors, acoustics, orchestra etc. and above all the singers in my opinion.

B/Rgds
    Shanti

5. shaliniku

shaliniku Senior IL'ite

Dear Ragini and Shanti,

I have always felt that Indian Idol contestants are hyped- and their talent stays only as long as Indian Idol lasts. Monali Thakur is the only Indian Idol contestant, according to me, who is really talented and that is why she has done numerous Bollywood playbacks in the recent years. She has got versatile talent and she is here to stay.

Can you name any other Indian Idol contestant who has made his/her way upto singing Bollywood chartbusters?

Zee Saregamapa on the other hand has brought forward Shreya Ghoshal (I still remember the little girl in white frock) and Kunal Ganjawala who are famous and established singers of Bollywood.

;-)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  6. JayaRawat

JayaRawat Senior IL'ite

I agree with Ragini and Shalini to a large extent.

Shreya Ghosal is not only “famous and established”, she is one of the leading playback singers of both Bollywood and Tollywood today. She has been awarded with National Awards for some of her wonderful performances. Some other products of Zee Saregamapa who have done playback for Hindi films are Ujjayini and Aishwarya.

Anwesha and Aishwarya of Chhote Ustaad are also immensely talented. I do not know much about the recent achievements of Aishwarya who went on to win the title, but Anwesha has done a number of playbacks, especially for Bengali films. She has a wonderful voice and is very sincere about her music.

7. pihusangma

pihusangma New IL'ite

Friends,

The Indian Idol 5 had a better pool of talent. I had been following it quite regularly and was very impressed by talents like Swaroop Khan, Tia Kar, Shivam Pathak, Sreeramchandra, Arpita Khan, Naushad Ali Kawa and Rakesh Maini.
    Meghna Kumar was highly talented. She was the youngest participant and was visually handicapped. Manisha Karmakar was also an excellent performer and was very promising.
    Though they were very talented, I had my doubts about Swaroop and Meghna making it to the TOP 5. There were certain drawbacks in their personalities which kind of made it obvious.

I am very happy for Sreeram – He was undoubtedly very deserving of the title.