1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

indian herbal hair tips

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by natural, Jul 13, 2008.

1. natural

natural New IL'ite

i love using home made hair oils,shikakai and henna for my hair.so if u give me some secrets of ur mother n grandmother for long healthyand black hair

2. kukoo

kukoo New IL'ite

heat coconut oil with paste of curry leaves dissolved in it. heat for a while until the oozing sound stops. when it cools, strain and keep it in a bottle. use this oil for massaging the hair.

3. natural

natural New IL'ite

thank u so much ...it was great to get a response from you.........can anyone plz give me recipe for home made shikakai[i love to hear stories of generation passing knowledge of haircare]...

4. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Hi natural,

Happy to hear that ur interested in home made recepie for hair..

Ok I will tell mine...Boil coconut oil with hibisuc flowers on low flame until the flowers in the oil becomes soft ..Let the oil cool, thn squeeze out and remove the flowers ,and apply the oil in the night or 1 hr before u go for head bath..

Hugs,
    dg..

5. natural

natural New IL'ite

thanx........great tip..............what do u think made women of older generation have knee-length or longer hair

6. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

I think in olden days women are not career oriented so less stress..less loss of hair,
    No heavy Pollution ,they eat proteinacious food with large vita..in it,everyhting they applied to hair are natural things,so no chemicals..,no women interested to cut their hair in those days ..

My 2 cents..

HUgs,
    dg..

7. natural

natural New IL'ite

yes i think u are right.............................i have now two ingredients to addto my hair oil...........could u help me to get some more stuff to add to my hair oil...............i want to make a oil with many things added to it..........so that i can get thick n long hair

8. natural

natural New IL'ite

i have heard using spoilt coconut for ur hair is very good ...............please guide me

9. ChloeDharma

ChloeDharma New IL'ite

Brahmi, neem, methi and amla heated in coconut oil promote hair growth. Also cayenne pepper increases the blood to the follicles helping to nourish them and remove toxins. Rosemary encourages hair to enter the anagen (growing) phase, Bhringraj helps to produce softer silkier hair and stimulates hair growth too. Kapoor kachli is claimed to stimulate growth but i can't find much information on this.

10. srilatharajesh

srilatharajesh Silver IL'ite

What is best to stop grey hair/ silver hair?

Any gud shampoos that can b used on regular basis?

any advise for kids