1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

indian family moving to philly area....kindly help....

Discussion in 'Indians in Pennsylvania' started by prikumar, Feb 3, 2012.

1. prikumar

prikumar New IL'ite

Hi We are a family of 3..we are moving to philly area by this month end. I need help with apartment search with good number of indian families. My husband's office is at morgantown..and he is ready to commute upto 40 -45 mins..good school district suggestions will also be helpful...Since I have a daughter..children around will be an added advantage..with music or dance classes.. awaiting for a quick reply...

2. Mmetal

Mmetal New IL'ite

My 2c if you are still looking for info:

If you prefer living in remote suburbs outside philly metro Reading and Pottstown are nearby choices. They are around 20 mins drive to morgantown.
    If you prefer to be in the happy medium between morgantown and Philly metro, I would prefer conshohocken or King of Prussia. Lot of Indians around in these areas but I am not so familiar with appartment complexes that have lot Indians. I can name a few in conshy area if you would like.

Both Conshy and KOP are right alongside Interstate76 that is toll-free and west bound traffic in rush hours is not so horrible at all. These 2 are in montgomery county and the school district is pretty much on the higher side.

Hope this helps and good luck!

3. pdarshini

pdarshini Silver IL'ite

Hey we stay in Norristown...which is 40 mins from phily....we stay in millgrove apartments at audubon...there are many indian families...next to us is the audubon apartments...which has many indian familes....there is also colony arms apartment near to us...it has also indians...all these apartments are located ver near to each other....king of prussia is 4 miles from us....some of my hubby colleagues stay there.....