Indian families in Suzhou

Discussion in 'Indians in China' started by SushmaReddy, Jan 20, 2009.

1. SushmaReddy

SushmaReddy New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I hope all of you are enjoying your stay in China, isn't it? Coming to me, I am living in Suzhou ( 70 km from shanghai ) with my hubby and 4 yrs old daughter.

I would be very glad to know, if any of you or your friends living here in Suzhou.

Suzhou is a great/comfortable place to live, in general it's known as garden city of China :rotfl

cheers:cheers
    Sushma

2. srinik

srinik New IL'ite

Hi Sushma,

I'm a new ILite in the block.

I'll be moving to Shanghai in sep/oct.

Can you pl share about the schooling available in Shanghai/China.

I've a 8yr old daughter...I curr stay in B'lore.

Rgds / Srini

3. mkmalviya

mkmalviya New IL'ite

Hello Sushma,
    We are also new in Suzhou and shifted here in last week of December 2012, and will be going to stay here till next year 2013. I am here due to work, and my family will be with me including my wife and Son 4 years. I am requesting you to please reply to me, we would like to have company with Indian families. I am in process to getting an apartment in Landmark Skylite area. Will it be good as for staying with family? I am also seeking your advice for finding an English teaching school for my son, now he is in KGI standard. In next school session we would like to admit him in KGII, so can you pls advice some good school? Thanking you in advance and best regards -

4. SaraMohammadi

SaraMohammadi New IL'ite

Hi Malviya

I am sara , there is a plan wherein it may be possible that in another h month or so , Me along with my hubby may travel to China most probably suzhou

I really need ur help i have 9 month old baby , DO u have any idea on the paedtracians available there , how are apartments rented there do we get basic amenities , i am bit concerned for my baby

Hope Indusladiesa chin forum can help me

5. mkmalviya

mkmalviya New IL'ite

Hello Sara,
    Sorry for the Pediatrician because I am also looking for this for my son...for the renting an apartment it is easy. Only you need to do to contact any agency to help you in this, because it is the easiest way to do so...they will take care of you for renting an apartment and also in other inquiries. I have also do the same. Here apartments are available with all the necessary amenities and you can choose as per your choice and budget. I can provide you the contact details of House renting agency from which I have taken my apartment too. During my stay here since last 7 weeks I have made also some Indian friends living in Suzhou, and also got the details to get or buy the Indian groceries and food.
    Please write me to with your exact planning about visiting to Suzhou. I hope to hear from you soon

Please contact me through private messages. You can sign up for

private messages here -
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/payments.php
    Bye and take care
    Manish

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  6. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

Hey good to see so many ppl heading towards China :)
    Im living in shanghai since Jan 2012, china is a beautiful place to live except for food.
    I have no idea about suzhou but we have a Indian peadiatrician in shanghai mail me at zainab.agecon@gmail.com for more details.

PS: i have 2.5m old daughter im in India right now, came for delivery here will be moving back to shanghai by this month end.

7. amanda4

amanda4 New IL'ite

Hi can anyone tell me where I can get indian groceries in suzhou

8. vidyaraja

vidyaraja New IL'ite

Hi
    I hope that we can order the indian groceries through online... im goin to order by monday... will post u the link once i get the correct web address...

9. vidyaraja

vidyaraja New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Here is the number to get indian groceries.. 51262720369

shop name is Namastae India.. u can book the items through phone and they will give u home delivery within one day... they will spk english so it wil not be a big deal to order...

10. susry

susry New IL'ite

Hi All,
    My husband got a job offer in Suzhou. I would like to get some inputs from you about international schools in Suzhou. My son is in 6th grade now.
    Which part of the city has more indian community?
    Any pointers will be helpful to us.
    Thanks
    Simi