1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

indian dietitian in bay area for gestational diabetes

Discussion in 'Indians in Bay Area' started by Dolu, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Dolu

Dolu New IL'ite

Any help would be appreciated.

2. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dolu

Your thread have been moved to suitable forum to get better responses.

Good luck in your search and if you find any useful info, update here for the benefit of our readers.

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dolu, I didn't have a dietician, but I had to see a nutrition consultant who was also a diabetes nurse practitioner. Her name is Grace Breault and she was assigned to me by PAMF. She isn't Indian but she is quite familiar with Indian diets. I saw her once a week for the last 3 months of my pregnancy.

4. rika2014

rika2014 New IL'ite

I have gestational diabetes too and had it under control with a balanced diet and 30 min walking after lunch and dinner. Let me know if you would like to know what I was eating/ drinking 6 times a day.

5. gkavi

gkavi New IL'ite

Hi Rika

Could you please share the diet details which you had followed during pregnancy. I am diagnosed with Gest. Diabetes in 28th week. I didnot get proper diet menu for Indian food to follow. Could you please share yours which will be very helpful for me. thank you!

6. gkavi

gkavi New IL'ite

Hi Rika

Could you please share the diet details which you had followed during pregnancy. I am diagnosed with Gest. Diabetes in 28th week. I didnot get proper diet menu for Indian food to follow. Could you please share yours which will be very helpful for me. thank you!

7. Dolu

Dolu New IL'ite

HI Rika,

Below is my diet chart, I hope that will help.
    8.00 am ---- 1 wheat bread with 1tsp peanut butter (less sugar)---15gm carbs----- 20 min brisk walk
    10.00 am---- 1 cup milk with protein powder and 1/2 cup upma------ 30 gm crbs
    12.30 to 1 pm---- 1/2 cup curd with high proteen (greek yogurt), 1 cup salad, 1/2 cup green veg, 2 roti small (I used to make soyabean, besan and wheat roti with measurement) you can try stone ground aata too, that also worked for me initially.-----45gm carbs-------- 20 min walk
    3-4pm--- 1/2 banana or khari, mathari, small apple and 1/2 cup tea with sugar free ----30gm carbs
    7pm -----karela juice, 1cup thin daal, 2 low carb tortilla(10gm carb each and can get from safeway or sprouts), 1/2 papad----- 45 gm carbs------20 min walk
    10 pm----- 1 cup milk with protein powder and almonds

tips: If you are hungry eat almonds, peanuts, walnuts etc. That will give protein to your baby.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  8. Dolu

Dolu New IL'ite

Hi gkavi,

You can see my diet chart below.