Indian community in Houston

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by priti2106, Mar 24, 2008.

1. mikku

mikku Gold IL'ite

Hi Yalamanchili,

I live near the Medical center area. It is around 25 mins from downtown via train. I know quite a few people working in the Downtown area living near here, traveling by train to their work place . There are a couple of decent apartments at a walkable distance to teh train station, Archstone, Holly Hall apartments to name a few. They are relatively safe and the rents aren't bad either. I am not sure about the schools as I have a 9months old, so didn't find a need to search for the schools yet :)...hope you find this useful...Good luck!

2. just20

just20 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I in live on west rd and best way 8. Please let me know if anybody is closer to this place...

Thanks
    Shanti

3. just20

just20 Silver IL'ite

Sureka,

Do you all still live on Elridge pwy and west rd? I live very close to that place....

Thanks
    Shanti

4. Suzzy007

Suzzy007 New IL'ite

I live in Sugarland!!

5. just20

just20 Silver IL'ite

Hi priti,

I live on west rd very close to Fallbrook.

Madhulika, Ranjani

Lets catch sometime huh?

Thanks
    Shanti

6. MrsYPatel

MrsYPatel New IL'ite

Hi,
    I live on West Road and high way 6 north. If anyone is around this area, please message me. My husband and I are looking to make aquaintences.
    Thanks,
    Y. Patel

7. Preeti2277

Preeti2277 New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I am also pretty new to this city....recently moved here from Illinois. I stay close to Hwy 6 and West Road. I have a 9 yr old son and a 18 month old daughter. We should definitely plan something.
    Preeti

8. dbodhe

dbodhe New IL'ite

Hai Soumya and Surekha, Madhulika
    I am from pune.Where do u girls stay?I stay at Grand mission park drive.Even i don't have any indian friend around in my apt..Nice to find someone in this site..Hope to meet u more in this site.

9. Pallavi127

Pallavi127 New IL'ite

Hi
    This is Pallavi. I live in Katy,TX. We are planning to move to either Houston Or Sugar land. just want to make new friends. I dont have many friends in TEXAS. I have a 19 months old son. It will be great to get in tocuh with you guys so whenver we move wil have a good company. looking for a good apatments surrounding with Indian community. Gals please suggest and help.

10. ruku05

ruku05 New IL'ite

Hi all I just joined the forum , I m moving to Houston by early Nov and need to find an apartment either near medical center or b/w downtown and Bellaire area . We are ready to commute also if I find good apartment with indians ,school near by and I can find at home baby sitter for my 5 mth old son. My daughter is 3 yr old so need to have a preschool. Please suugest some apartments for short leasing, plan to buy a house once i know the area. I may not have much time to come and hunt for the apartment. plz email me personally if u can, will really appreciate it . Thanx Ruku