Indian community in Houston

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by priti2106, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Mom2499

Mom2499 Senior IL'ite

Hello Everyone,

It's good to know that some of us from IL live near Houston or surrounding area. We live near Houston but our home is on the market. We moved in our present home with 2 children and now we have 2 more darlings and feel the need for extra space.

Looking forward to making new friends here @ IL.

2. rose999

rose999 New IL'ite

Hi ,This is maha ,my husband is working in houston, i have applied for green card from here in INDIA all the process have been over only the interview and finger printing work is there to complete my process.I will be there within 3 months please friends help me.Bcoz i do not know no one else there and also i came there previous year with the tourist visa,i stayed 6 months,it was horrible,no one is there ,every day routine life had been bored and i need some friends there.My hubby is working near in downtown ,we are searching appartment near it.now he is in pearland near temple.Please help me and get acompanied with me when i get over there.:idea:cheers

3. Mom2499

Mom2499 Senior IL'ite

Hi Maha,

You were here for only six months. When you return do not give up on meeting people. There is a big Indian community in the Houston area. Hopefully you will meet many Indians here and make new friendships but always be careful.

4. gayatri00

gayatri00 New IL'ite

hi surekha, devina, luck by chance,
    m new 2 IL and houston . we stay @ eldridge. wud b glad 2 make with u guys pls reply :)

5. ranjani_kurumet

ranjani_kurumet New IL'ite

6. rose999

rose999 New IL'ite

Hi all ,I am also going to come houston by this feb 25th,I am going to stay in club at tranquility lake,pearland,tx-77584.This is my appartment .is any staying near to my appartment??

7. sudhachandrasek

sudhachandrasek Bronze IL'ite

I am in Sugarland TX I am also looking for Indian friends.:)

8. sahiba234

sahiba234 New IL'ite

Hiiiii
    Iam sahiba new member to indusladies.com ...Iam looking for some good indian places in houston near westheimer .I shifted from orlando to houston and i just came back from india after my MBA exams i came back on 15apr 2011 and need to know abt indian places around westheimer

9. Pallavi127

Pallavi127 New IL'ite

HI Apeksha

Saw your post..I am moving to Houston and looking for apts.My husband's office will be close to your apt so will chk it out..

10. Yalamanchili

Yalamanchili New IL'ite

Good morning IndianAmerican,

I am planning to move to Houston this month end. I will be working in the downtown area and I have two kids. One goes to 1st grade. What is the closest/safe place to live in Houston near downtown. I don't want to pay too much on the rent. My husband is working in another state. Please suggest me an area where the school is decent and safe place with 15-20 minutes commute.
    Thanks