Indian community in Houston

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by priti2106, Mar 24, 2008.

1. priti2106

priti2106 New IL'ite

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum & US. I will be arriving in Houston in some months with my husband for work. So I will be searching for an apartment/house for rent in Houston. I prefer to stay in place where most Indians stay or can be found. Can someone help me where (which area) are most Indian located in Houston? Also a guideline on what to see & what to consider most necessary while considering apartment/house for rent.

Secondly, I have 7 year old son, so what type of school are available? Which are better public/private?

2. priti2106

priti2106 New IL'ite

Hi no reply from anyone for me on this topic. Please if someone can help me will be gr8.

I am moving with my husband to Houston.. he will be working in Houston This is my first trip to the states.. We have 2 kid 7 year boy & 6months boy.

Can anyone suggest the best place to live in Houston. Where we have more Indian community. Could u plz tell me what things will we bring with us.

3. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Click here for discussions in Houston dear Prithi...

As for quick reply. - You might consider the following things

1. Closeness to your husband's work. Houston as you would know, is a huge city. From one end to another end it takes 1.5 hrs almost..

2. Kids School.According to the discussions that happened in "Indian Ladies in Houston" forum, Katy ( West of Houston has good schools)..If you can quickly go through the discussions we had, you will find pointers to serach for apartment. Also you will get some idea about the city. You can also PM specific members there.

It s really nice to have new Houston friend..
    Welcome Prithi to Indusladies and to Houston forum :)

4. priti2106

priti2106 New IL'ite

Thank you very much for the reply as I was getting nervous with no one to reply/help. Appreciated it as a helping hand.Drowning
    Regarding my issues, my husband will be working in Fallbrook drive TX 77064, do you or someone know which place will be nearer/better from here to rent a house or apartment.
    My necessities are , good (safe) place with good school in the area with Indian community around will be an added advantage.
    Thanks once again & wait for futher reply.

5. soumyavenkatram

soumyavenkatram New IL'ite

hello everybody

i am new to this forum.. i got married 6 months back and also arrived to us in the same month. i stay in league city in an apartment but there are no indians here. i dont have any friends here and i came across this site and have got very excited:) hope somebody replies. i am from bangalore and have done M.Sc. in biotech... speak telugu, kannada n hindi... houston ladies pls reply...

6. Sdesai

Sdesai New IL'ite

Hi Somuya,

I am sweta.I stay in webster near league city & we have moved to Houston a month back. I am looking for some friends around.

7. SurekhaKrishna

SurekhaKrishna Bronze IL'ite

Hi Soumya :),
    Bagunnara.
    Nice to meet u in IndusLadies.
    I am from Hyderabad.I am also new to Houston and USA.

So How are you finding things now?

take care

SurekhaKrishna

8. madhulika77

madhulika77 New IL'ite

Hai Soumya and Surekha,
    bagunnara Iddaru...I am also from Hyderabad..Where do u girls stay?I stay at Jones rd..Even i don't have any indian friend around in my apt..Nice to find someone in this site..Hope to meet u more in this site.

9. madhulika77

madhulika77 New IL'ite

hai Priti,
    Hearty welcome to Houston...I stay exactly at the place where u mentioned..Just backside of fallbrook...IT's really nice to know that someone is coming near to my place..waiting since loooooong time for some indian friend around...

Now about this place...The indian store is just 5min drive (less than that) ..At jones road..Wallmart and Feista are around 10 min drive from Fallbrook..And there is a public library which is around the same distace like 10 min drive..Well all there distances are with respect to Fallbrook...Coming to indian community .well i haven't found any in MY Apartment but heard that many indians stay near Louetta Rd and at Cypress too,which should be near to your husband's office..about the schools,i don't know anything about them as i don't have kids yet..sorry..can't help in that matter...about the apartments,while mine is a very good one ,decent and very safe and will be very very near to your husbands office..but u should consider that there are no indians in my apartments as of now..think of all these factors and decide..hope i have helped you in someway..

10. ranjani_kurumet

ranjani_kurumet New IL'ite

Hi Madhulika,

Do u stay at Verendah apts in jones rd.
    I was also worried intially .now i got used .