Indian community apartments in Dammam

Discussion in 'Indians in Eastern Province' started by navident, Apr 29, 2010.

1. navident

navident New IL'ite

hi all,

i am naveen a dentist, who has been offered a job in King Faisal university/ university of Dammam. it is a teaching job at the dental college in Dammam university. i have been offered a decent salary of around 14k rial per month plus housing allowance, travel allowance, 60 days of annual paid leave, family visa and yearly tickets. i am from Karnataka, basically from Mysore. i have a few queries

is it a good offer, i have completed my masters in dentistry and am working as an assistant professor in a dental college here.

i have a son, who is 3 months old and my wife is a house wife, how easy or difficult it is for them to adjust.

As the university has agreed to give me housing allowance can u guys please suggest me any of compounds where indians are residing

i have heard that among all the regions in saudi, dammam is a bit liberal in lifestyle
    is it true, let me know please as i have to move in my another 2 months time

thank u all

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010

2. saadqrz

saadqrz New IL'ite

Re: indian moving to Dammam

Hi Naveen

I also wanted to apply at the university of dammam dental college,what procedure did you go through for applying at the university,

do you have any email address that can be of a some use, I am interested in applying at the university as well.

Regards

Saadi

3. sachin1978

sachin1978 New IL'ite

Hi Navin,

I am also from Karnataka, Kumta to be specific.

The salary offered to you is very good, you should be able to get a Villa @50000 SAR per year in any of the compounds in Al Khobhar / Dammam,

Your monthly expenses including food, entertainment, kid's expenses etc etc will not exceed 2000SAR, max , saudi is the cheapest country to live in middle east .

Eastern Province is very liberal, your wife needs to wear an abhya all the time , but head need not be covered. Inside compound she can even wear shorts or hit the pool etc. It's a different life inside & outside the compound.

5yrs in Saudi bro & you can atleast save more than a Crore INR hard cash . GD LK & safe landing

4. hirasankar

hirasankar New IL'ite

Hello Dr. Navin.
    I am a Mds with three years of experience.
    your job offer seems lucrative.
    please share how to apply for dammam univ dental college.
    regards,
    Dr. Hirasankar.

5. hirasankar

hirasankar New IL'ite

Hello,
    I m Hirasankar. i m a Dentist that u already know from my previous reply. I have job offer from a private dental center with 15k rial per month with accommodation and one month yearly paid vacation with travel tickets for family. i only have to take care of the visa and all. moreover the conditions of agreement seems quite binding.
    anybody please tell me something about Al rass-quassim, a small city 400 km from rhiyad. is it a ok place to stay with family.
    please share some experience to get employed by a private organization there.
    regards.

6. AKN

AKN New IL'ite

Hi Navin - Just curious. Have you taken the job and if yes have you relocated to Khobar and if yes where do you stay - in a compound or apartment? This is for my info only. I have also recently joined a company in Khobar and was exploring the best possible place to stay.

hi all,

i am naveen a dentist, who has been offered a job in King Faisal university/ university of Dammam. it is a teaching job at the dental college in Dammam university. i have been offered a decent salary of around 14k rial per month plus housing allowance, travel allowance, 60 days of annual paid leave, family visa and yearly tickets. i am from Karnataka, basically from Mysore. i have a few queries

is it a good offer, i have completed my masters in dentistry and am working as an assistant professor in a dental college here.

i have a son, who is 3 months old and my wife is a house wife, how easy or difficult it is for them to adjust.

As the university has agreed to give me housing allowance can u guys please suggest me any of compounds where indians are residing

i have heard that among all the regions in saudi, dammam is a bit liberal in lifestyle
    is it true, let me know please as i have to move in my another 2 months time

thank u all[/QUOTE]

7. AKN

AKN New IL'ite

Hi Navin - Just curious. Have you taken the job and if yes have you relocated to Khobar and if yes where do you stay - in a compound or apartment? This is for my info only. I have also recently joined a company in Khobar and was exploring the best possible place to stay.

8. maneeshhr

maneeshhr New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am new to this site. I have recently accepted an offer of an indian steel company, planning to setup steel manufacturing plant in Dammam. I am moving to dammam on 22nd of nov 2011.

It will be great if you people can help me finding 3br appartment there in dammam. Also info about the expenses...i am planning to move there with family.

I have never been to Saudi and heard lots of things about it. So i am bit nervous.

Thanks a lot
    Maneesh