1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Classical Music and Dance

Discussion in 'Indians in Los Angeles' started by anumr, Jul 10, 2007.

1. anumr

anumr New IL'ite

Any info related to Classical Music/Dance of India can be posted here....http://indusladies.com/directory/educational-138/

Does anybody know of a good south-indian classical music teacher in and around Woodland Hills/LA areas? (now you know why i started this thread?:)))

2. kavithaRao

kavithaRao New IL'ite

Hi,

I know that there is a temple in Irvine (at Barranca pkwy and redhill i guess) called, Irvine mandir where they teach Indian classical music, Dance and have cultural programs aswell. I have never visited the temple even though it was not even a mile away from my work place since i didn't even know about it until my other friend's friend told that she is sending her kids there to learn Bharatha natyam. here is the website 'http://www.mandir.ws/'. You'll find a 'Classes' tab where you can the schedules etc.

Hope this helps.

3. anumr

anumr New IL'ite

Thanks, Kavitha....I appreciate your response...Irvine is quite far from my place...But, am sure that'll help sometime...i just came to know that they teach Music/Dance at Malibu temple too ...

4. gems7882

gems7882 New IL'ite

hey i saw ur query.. i wud love to learn too... did u get anyone yet? iam stay in Woodland hil winnetka area....:):)

5. Varnam1

Varnam1 New IL'ite

hi

I am staying in woodland hills and i am teaching classical dance(baratanatyam). If interested you can contact me

[FONT=&quot]Admin Note:[FONT=&quot] You can exchange contact information only through private messages. Private message subscription is just $10/year. Each private message subscription comes with a free [FONT=&quot]gift subscription[/FONT], which you can give to the other person and you both can contact each other instantly. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]More Details[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Trying to exchange contact information for a second time will [FONT=&quot]result in[/FONT] the member losing all posting privileges. As members pay to exchange contact information, we enforce this rule pretty strictly. Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing more of you on IL.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]