India Passport..

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Rinu, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Rinu

Rinu New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am in US now. I like to invite my parents for a visit. In my Dad's Passport in Surname column is blank. We don't have any surnames.My grandfather 1st name will be my Dad's surname. But in my Mom's passport surname given as my Father's name.

We went to chennai Passport office whether they can add the Surname now. But they said they can't and asked us to re-apply for a new passport. we don't have time for that.

Will there be any problem in getting US Visa without surnames ??? Is Surname neccssy. for US VISA ? Please someone reply back. Thanks is advance.

-Rinu.

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI,
    There won't be any problems with null surnames.
    Even my parents and in-laws don't have surnames.
    Still they all got 10yrs visa.

Good luck,
    Punitha

3. honeyj

honeyj Senior IL'ite

hello Rinu,

there wont be a problem .

In my in laws passport also they did the same mistake .still they got the visa for 5years.

thanks

4. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Rinu

Dont worry about the Surname....In my In-Laws Passport also the Surname field is Blank. (Both in my MIL's & FIL's).

My MIL recently attended (5th Feb'08) the VISA interview at chennai and got it for 10yrs. If you need further assistance in applying for VISA, pl let me know, will let you know all the details. Because, I only did all the procedures and filled the forms for her and fixed the appointment....

While filling the forms I just updated the Surname field as "NA" as the form wont accept a blank field. They didn't ask any questions.

1 person likes this.
  5. kushb

kushb New IL'ite

Hi,
    I wanted to invite my in-laws to Singapore on tourist visas. My mother-in-law has a passport but there is no surname in the passport. When I try to book flight tickets, all airlines issue ticket with surname. For example: If my mother-in-law's name is "XYZ ABC", her passport has only "XYZ" as name. Flight tickets are booked only with surname. Now if I specify the surname in flight tickets then name in the flight tickets issued and name on the passport do not match and travel agents are telling that embassy may reject the visa applications due to name mismatch.
    Any help to resolve this issue ? Anyone else has faced similar issue before ? Please help.

Thanks,
    Kush