1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

India or Abroad

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by pebblebeach, Mar 4, 2008.

1. pebblebeach

pebblebeach Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    I see some threads where people come up with what they like in US. So I thought of coming up with this thread. Actually there are many things which I like in US. But still even after 4 years of staying here, I still feel India is my home. Before coming to US i thought of settling down here. But just after 1 year onwards, I want to go back and I'm really planning for that. I would like to know how many of you guys staying in US or abroad seriously wants to go back to India and why?

thanks,
    pebblebeach

2. honeyj

honeyj Senior IL'ite

hello
    nice topic......

me and my dh decided to back Hyderabad india in 2009 June after apply to citizenships.
    and reason is lonely ness, for kids and missing all family memebers

let see how our plans work out

Thanks & regards

3. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

I also want to o back to my native country. The main reason is here we cant call our parents and other is we dont want our kids to adapt this culture. We dont want to miss our parents and in future our kids. Here parents and children dont have the same bond that we do have in India.
    This is my feeling. I m sorry if I hurt anyone.
    lets see what others say.

4. padija

padija Senior IL'ite

i totally agree with perfectly_perfect, i came to this country as a new bride, almost 7 years has passed, still not able to think this as my own i have a 3yr old son, when sometimes i see him playing on his own my heart aches.............. there are few good things abt this country and may be we will miss some nice things , but still india wud be india. Nothing is more important than living with our loved ones back home. we are planning to return too, no matter how long we stay here we wud still be aliens here. Nothing like HOME SWEET HOME

p.s. didn't mean to hurt anyone.

5. eternalbliss

eternalbliss New IL'ite

Great Topic.
    After 8 yrs here,I do like a lot of things here infrastructure,work culture and dignity of labor,education for the kids.I feel good once i step inside my own house.But once i step out,there is a subconscious feeling of not belonging.There is always a feeling that we are on our own.After being away from India all this time and getting used to doing things certain way here, i sometimes feel my mind set will not make it easy to feel completly at home either here nor there.

6. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

hi all! i agree with eternalbliss.. i too feel this.. ofcourse i came not that long back... been here since 2004.. sometimes i feel that i am not there for my parents in that stage of life when they really need me.. anyway the debate goes on in mind and between ppl but we should follow the path of life as written.. ok that's so dull and priestly talk..