1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indha pombalaigalai nambinaal …. ” (If you believe these females…) Part 1

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rrg, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

"Indha pombalaigalai nambinaal …." Part 1:rotfl

(If you believe these females…)

“ Indha pombalaigalai nambinaal …. (If you believe these females…)”, Nagu alias Nagarajan, was at a loss for words. He ended up beating his own forehead with his open palm, to castigate himself. Here he was, standing in the street corner, next to the ever over-flowing Corporation Kuppai Thotti (garbage bin). It is getting late for Muhurtham. He could imagine his friends, who had promised to help him out, cursing him profusely and the sastrigal (panditji) furiously jumping around, untying & tying his kudumi (tuft). Just then a stray dog came close and smelt his pants. Nagu hurriedly moved away and stared at the dog. “See, I am standing here so long that even this dog has mistook me for a new lamp-post. Still, no sign of this Kamini. Damn it “.

He looked at his watch once again. It was close to 9.00 AM.
    He recollected last night’s discussions with Kamini.
    “Nagu, if my dad gets to know…”
    “Aen abha sagunamavey pesara?” (Why do you talk so negative?)
    “You mean to say my dad is abasagunam?” (Bad omen?)
    “OMG, no never. He is ‘subam’est one I know of. I never meant it that way and you know I have great respects for him. Now, coming back to our point, how will he get to know? You just act normal at home. No one will doubt. It is for this reason, I got the Muhurtham fixed as 9.30 AM to 10.30 AM. You can leave home at around your normal time 8.30 AM, as if you are going to the office. I will wait for you at the street corner from 8.15 itself, in case you come a bit early.”
    “Will we not be late?”
    “No way. My Panchkalyani (name of a mythological horse) would take us to Vadapalani Temple within half an hour.”
    “Do I were jewels etc… ?”
    “Don’t be silly. Jewels can wait. Your dad will certainly doubt if you leave for office wearing them”.
    “Atleast Kanchipuram..”
    “No harm. But, I prefer your looking normal & acting normal”
    “Nagu, are you sure my dad will forgive us”
    “Why not? We will fall at his feet once the marriage is over. He will lift and hug us, like in Tamil movies and you will wink at me and I at you. He will break into a song & dance sequence, ‘Labham eththanai Labhamadi …. ‘ (How lucky I am, to escape spending on my daughter’s marriage) etc. ” and we two will jump behind him holding onto his kurta. All will be ‘hanky dory’ thereafter. Don’t you worry.”
    “Are you sure?”
    “Look, Don’t scare me anymore. Your dad with his 6 feet by 4 feet frame looks formidable – a professional boxer, wrapped in dhoti. If he gives me even one resounding slap, it will last me a life time. But, I have to take it. What else? All for your sake isn’t it?”
    “Nagu, How nice of you? Even if he slaps don’t worry. I will make amends later. Cho chuweet…., mmmmm…..a ”

For a moment Nagu’s mind got carried away by her promised amends. Even before he could relish it for a moment in his mind, his eyes sensed danger. He was taken aback by what he saw. It was Kamini’s dad who emerged from their house and coming in his direction. N’s mind started racing, “Has KD (Not usual Tamil KDs . I meant Kamini’s Dad. I have great respects for him & his size, you see. :)) already come to know about the marriage plans and my whereabouts at this hour, from Kamini? The speed at which he is coming, he may not stop with a slap. He may even get funnier ideas from Tamil movies and throw me into & out of kuppa thotti, hit me against the nearby kutti sevaru (dilapidated wall), send me inside the tea shop through its roof and drag me out for further processing, along with couple of cocks & hens from nowhere rushing out , kokrakoing for side effects– all through jump-kicking, cursing and beating me non-stop.” :hide:

Hurriedly Nagu stepped sideways, on to the stray dog which was having it’s peaceful breakfast and ran into into the pay & use facility nearby. The disturbed dog barked ‘gaalis’ at him and went back to its BF. Nagu threw a ten Rupees note at the counter boy and rushed inside. He couldn’t afford to look for change & delay his entry. His guess was that having just come out of his house, KD may not be having an urge to enter the pay & use toilet, off all places. His guess was right. KD came and waited near the KT (KT is not KD’s junior; It stands for Kuppa Thotti pl) for a few minutes and looked around. He got into the first auto that came his way & left.

Nagu was standing on the closet and watching KD’s movements through the cement grills of the toilet. Even though it was only a few minutes , it felt ages. “What did these people eat to effectively create such an impact? With so many flies around , OMG, Vandhi varadhu (Nauseating)” he shuddered to himself. He heaved a sigh of relief when he finally came out of P&U facility, giving enough time for KD’s auto to go some distance. “Sir, enna romba avasarama? Appidi odineenga? onna & Renda? (Seemed you were in a great hurry? one or two)” the boy asked. “You keep entire ten and leave me in peace” Nagu’s responded & left. “Thanks sir. Adikkadi vanga (come quite often)”, the boy shouted back.

Nagu tiptoed back to KT and slowly bent and peeped into the street. The stray dog moved few steps away and was watching him intently. He could now see Kamini rushing out of the house. Seeing her brought mixed emotions in Nagu – first one of relief – that he need not wait or hide in stinking places anymore; Anger – at her delay; Anxiety & Fear – It was already 9.30 AM. Even if they hurry, they could reach the temple by 10.00 AM only. Will the Sastrigal be waiting? Will there be enough friends left, for signing as witness in the temple register.

In his emotional cocktail he wanted to utter so many things to Kamini but ended up saying “Enna? Enna? Enna?” only.
    “Enna? Vadapalanikku poga KBS paatta?” (Singing KBS song before going to Vadapalani Murugan temple is it?) “Hope we could reach on time?” Kamini approached him smilingly.
    “ Mannangatti” (Nonsense) was the response.

Nagu’s scooter did not fail him. It took the couple to the temple in 30 min.
    “ Luckily we are not very late. You rush inside, to the wedding mandap first. I will park the scooter and be there in a minute” Nagu told K and proceeded to the parking lot. He left the scooter to the care of the parking attendant, with a generous tip and rushed out. He was about to make a dash to the temple entrance when he saw the scene - sending shockwaves through his spine. KD was standing at the entrance to the temple, with legs apart and arms on his hips, like a heavy weight boxer who had just 'KO'ed his opponent. Kamini was standing in front of him, shivering. Nagu was confused. "Whether to rush to her rescue and get beaten black & blue or beat a retreat, leaving her to face the consequences, at least for now? Fight or flight?" He stood transfixed. Could see Kamini pointing at him and KD moving towards him, like in a dream and Kamini also coming, running after him. Nagu wanted to run away from the scene, but his feet would not move. The more he tried, the more they got stuck. He was blinking helplessly, looking scared.
    (to be continued .... )

2. esbanu

esbanu Gold IL'ite

hi nice
    aduthu enna achu?
    what next?

3. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

So far so good, Rrg Sir... No reason to disbelieve those females... Waiting eagerly for the next show :)

Enjoyed thoroughly [​IMG]

4. vidyacvn

vidyacvn Silver IL'ite

pl tell us what happened next

5. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Dear esbanu, KS and Vidya,
    Thanks for your patience.
    Have already posted Part II pl.
    Cheers,
    RRG

6. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Rrg,

The story is getting interesting and wil contd on the next episode.

Shanti

7. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Thanks. I find you have already read Part II also and left your comments behind. :).
    Cheers,
    RRG