1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Index - Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Chitvish, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    What you say is very true. Though we all know that words are more potent than nuclear arsenal, we tend to use them indiscriminately. Of all the advices Valluvar has given us, I would rate his 'Yaagaavarayinum naa kaakka" as the best. A person who has no control over his tongue, both in eating and uttering words, is bound to come to grief. As the wise people say, the injury caused by an arrow will only be a scar in the course of time but the same caused by a word will remain raw forever!
    Sri

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir,
    I don't what you are all talking about.bonk..I don't want to know the reason behind those lines ( I will find it out myself)..but in my opinion, don't change your style and humour and also the topics....which is very very much appreciated here..
    I may not given fbs to some of your ramblings..but am enjoying those and also the fbs and your replies...

sriniketan

3. Cheeniya

Dear Sri
    It is nice of you to pitch in with your word of encouragement when I was feeling a bit low but I assure you that nothing is going to change as far as my commitment to IL goes. I'll continue writing knowing fully well that you are all behind me.
    Sri

4. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I have not made any comments knowingly or unknowingly to offend you. In fact, I do value your contribution to IL and your style of writing.

Having said that, my point was more in response to another feedback that one need not have a way with words to contribute to IL. This was not meant to attack you or hurt you.

I am really surprised that you have taken it to heart and now
    these above lines have hurt me...

I wanted to bring out a balanced approach to the threads and posts and in no way want to hurt the sentiments and style of writing of anyone.

So, hopefully, you will understand where I am coming from ! From the previous FB's here, I feel this has taken a different course and again, I am repeating, I did not mean to hurt/attack you.

In fact I have tremendous respect and appreciate all the contribution of senior and junior IL'ites.

Regards
    Krithika

5. Cheeniya

Dear Krithika
    As I wrote in my reply to another post here, my own response in your forum was a bit excessive and there was no need for me to have taken that line. Maybe, I used this opportunity to gauge my own importance in IL! I am truly sorry for my FB as well that has brought so many scurrying to their keyboards.
    All is well that ends well. May peace prevail in IL all the time!
    Sri

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya,

this is wonderful.I know how muych pains u must have taken to to first convert the link this way, and then make so many of them.

And each of Sri's blog is a gem.A message with humour, as he can only write.

But i feel sorry for Sri .Now he will have so many comments coming in, that he will be very busy replying, and not finding the time to write new ones.

Sri dont forget to write, it is wonderful reading yr works, allways encouraging and making one smile at the end.Cheers to that sri and thank u Vidya.Regards.kamal

7. Cheeniya

Dear Kamal
    At this rate, my head will swell beyond its capacity and burst soon! Dont worry. If that happens I know how to take my sweet revenge. I'll stock enough premium scotch to floor you when you come to Chennai!
    Sri

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

Do u have a swimming pool filled with sCotch ? i think u want to drown me in that.HAHA.I am looking forward to meeting u in Chennai soon.keep the bottles ready.Regards.kamal

9. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra and everyone else whose enthusiasm led to this index of Cheeniya's contributions. I noticed it for the first time today, partly because I am still somewhat new to IL. But this is wonderful, since I too am a fan of Cheeniya's works. This makes it so much simpler to find them in one place. A wonderful time saving device. Thanks Chithra. Great job.

10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sri,

Where are you now a days? Not seen on IL. We miss your snippets very much. Hope you are doing well alright.

I did not know where to post this....hence posting here.

Syamala