1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Index - Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Chitvish, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri
    The purpose of an index is to encourage efficient retrieval of topics and also to illuminate the author's message with succintness :) Here we can see the index itself growing longer and longer with comments and lo and behold that is no surprise for does it not but reflect the greatness of the author himself?Bow

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ok, Girl,
    Give maximum credit to the author - I go with you.Bow
    But please have little mercy on the creator of index also ! To make a man suffering from decidophobia to say "yes" was no easy task !
    I must be only second to his wife for having nagged him so intensely !!
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC
    When I was a small boy, my grandma used to tell my mum often' Rajam, nee ivana chellam kuduthu kutti chuvar aakka pore' ( you are going to spoil him with all your indulgence). I never knew I would face this danger at 65! Dont spoil me with your affection and appreciation!
    Sri

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Only now, after reading your above FB, that I have come to know that from other sources can be an irritant and can put off people. I'll certainly endeavour to avoid this tendency of mine in future. I do hope that my language is simple enough. I never use a word that can be classified as 'bombastic'

My dear Cheeniya sir,

I was pained to read these above lines in your response in another thread. I think I have thanked you several times for the wonderful quotes and references you provide in your write ups. It helps others to learn from these quotes and about the various people you mention. It only broadens everyone's spectrum of know how. AND, even if it was not so, it is your prerogative to do what you want in your own letters. You are its author and your knowledge and personality is reflected in your writings. So, please sir, do not change that for anyone or for anything. I may not be one of your regular readers nor do I give feedbacks to all your posts, at times, even if I have read them. Yet, I would like you to know that you are one of my favorite writers on IL. Yes, I am not afraid to say so:) After all, that is my prerogative, right? ;))

Here below, I quote Vidya's beautiful words for your, my and for everyone's benefit. It says all and the underlined sentence applies to each and everyone of us in IL....

When I read your English, there is the contentment of having read good, sound English laced with a subtle sense of humour and content. And while the number of flattering replies, views and ratings are no doubt important, you prove time and again, that presenting a splendid piece is a reward in itself to the writer and reader.

As I said once and will always say, nothing but the best for the best man in IL.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Dear Cheeniya sir,

When Kamla ahs spoken, what more substance can I add?

Still, I will request you to continue writing as much as you want and in any manner you wish. And the present style of quoting from other books and authors is very acceptable and in fact demanded by your readers. I have even written earlier that in reading one post by you, my knowledge goes further manifold since you quote extensively.

If you change your style, I will be a very sad woman. Dont do that to one who loves you lots.

regards
    Vidya

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hey Sri,

Don't change you style. what more to write when v24 and kamala have written so much.

You ramblings do keep some of us here senile. So keep it as it is. As I learn a lot, the quotes do help me a lot. Infact, I have learnt to quote only from you.

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    Time and again, you prove your maturity in your expressions!
    Sadly this is one quality lacking for many in the generation next to ours.Words are spoken and written in haste, in a fit of impulsiveness very often.Little do they realise that a deep wound is inflicted in the heart of the one at the receiving end. Being offensive in return, shows us, in poor light. In my language, I would say "God bless them who know not what they write or talk!

You have proved that youare a follower of our Thiruvalluvar.

கறுத்தின்னா செய்தவக் கண்ணும் மறுத்தின்னா
    செய்யாமை மாசற்றார் கோள் - குறள்- 311-இன்னாசெய்யாமை

Even when another hath injured him in his hate, the man who is pure in heart returneth not the injury.

Pray good will prevails with everybody.
    The best is yet to be, Sri.
    Lots of love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  8. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla
    My dad used to tell me that every one of us would be put through some kind of test from time to time to enable us to do a self-appraisal. The FB relating to me in another thread was one such test snd I have miserably failed in it! I should have taken whatever was conveyed in that FB in my stride and moved on but by responding to it in the way I did, I have just established that my ego is still holding me in its grip. I have just realised that I continue to be a self-glorifying individual! In Walt Whitman's words, "I dote on myself, there is that lot of me and all so luscious" (This quotation is to assure you that old habits die hard!)

I am touched by what you have expressed here Kamla. It is nice to know that what I say continues to be music to some ears!
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

Dear Vidya
    You have almost spoken like the Bard, as what you have written sounds very much like "If music be the food of love, play on"!
    Nothing is going to change Vidya, unless a change is possible in a 65 year man!
    The center of my Universe has moved to the IL now and I do not think that it can move any further. I'll continue to write as I have been doing but with a lot more chastened outlook after this experience!
    You'll never be a sad woman, I assure you!
    Sri

10. Cheeniya

Dear Shanthi
    I will not change my style, not that it is going to be possible even if I tried!
    It is very nice of you to have written encouraging me to write more. Veda phoned me an hour back expressing similar sentiments. I am grateful to you both
    Sri