1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indecent brother in-law spoiling married life and relations with parents!!!!!! help!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sedona, May 16, 2012.

1. sedona

sedona New IL'ite

hello ladies,

This is my first post on this website i have read many threads but i feel that none of the stories are similar to my story so i am hoping i will get lots of good advise and suggestions for my story :

i am the younger sister, my elder sister got married earlier to a very bad family and hubby. so i never got close to my sisters hubby because of the bad relation he had with my whole family. Fortunately i got married to a decent family as both my in-laws and hubby were great!. My hubby was overall nice, caring and loving man a bit shy and quite with others though and does get angry at time but its rare and unsually appologizes if he is on the wrong end. for the first 4 years
    of my married life went very well my hubby liked and respected my parents a lot he even had very good relation with my sister and her hubby.

Then after my hubby got a job abroad my life changed forever as we were going to join him after a few week there and during this time when i was alone i started getting some cheap SMS and emails from my sisters hubby who was also out of town... i told my sister and she asked me to play along as they were just harmless SMS messeges ... but then there SMS messeges started getting very vulgar and indecent e.g. " I like your sexy AS** " " As your husband is away should i come over?" etc i got really disturbed and told this to my hubby while we were talking on the internet as the SMS were also comming while i was talking to him... he got angry and told me call my sister at once and put a stop to this... my sister was also shocked and angry now.... she asked her hubby to stop but thay crazy guy didn't! the next day my husband asked again if the SMS have stopped i told him the truth ... he got really angry and had a fight with my sister and her hubby on the phone ... btw my sister at this point defended her hubby and took his side! after this my hubby decided that we as a family have to end this relationship with my sisters and her hubby ... i was sad that the relationship is spoiled but understood that my hubby was morally right. When my parents also got to know about this they were angry and said many bad things about my sisters hubby but at this time they already did not have any contact with him as he never visited their house beacuse of the bad relationship and incidents in the past not related to me.

Now i was living abroad with my hubby and even had a daughter ... i used to visit india once in an year for a few weeks during these vactions i visited my parents and also met my sister at my parents house with no relationship with my brother in-law even my hubby was fine in this situation. but then things changed again as there was a patch up between my sisters hubby and my parents .... now my parents started showing lots of love and respect to my sisters hubby on big family ocassions in which i was also present with my hubby ... this went to an extent that once my mother even kissed my sisters hubby in a family gathering .... i didn't like all this ... both me and my hubby didn't understand how can my parents treat some one like this who has done such bad things anyways my hubby didn't create any issue ... but both me and my hubby did not have any kind of contact with my sisters hubby! years passed by and things were fine...between me my hubby and my parents ....

Now this year when i came to india on vacations without my hubby as he planned to join us later. My hubby had told very seriously that when ever i visit my parents house i should ensure that my brother in-law is not invited at that same time.. as he does not trust him ... now i was staying at my parents home and my sister asked my mother to invite her and her hubby on the same day i was there... i told my mother not to do this and invite them after a few days .. but she told me my hubby should not know about this... i felt so bad, humiliated and worthless when my sister and hubby were having dinner at my parents house i was in room not meeting them... my mother even tried to get me to greet my brother in-law but clearly told her im not comfortable and even my hubby has forbidden me ! ... now guess what after a few days my hubby found about this party from relatives ...while he was still abroad.. he got really angry and even stopped talking to me for a few days... i accepted my mistake and told him the whole story ... he forgave me on a condition that from now i will only visit my parents with him and never alone .. he is saying like bad people visit your parents home so i can not allow my wife and daugter to go there alone anymore.... btw by this bad people he mainly means my sisters hubby but also some of my uncles as one of them have been to jail for some financial crimes and one of them some times says indecent things to women in family gatherings when he is drunk. now my parents are not bad people at all they very loving and nice people but they can not cut family ties with these bad family members ....

Now i am in bad situation every time i visit india as my parents force me to visit alone and many time to their home but i only visit few times with my hubby... my parents are forcing me to even meet my sister but my hubby does not like all this and getting angry with me on this .. so it seems like my happy married life is getting spoiled now... please advice! what should i do now? some times i feel my hubby taking a very strict stand on these issues!

1 person likes this.

2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Re: Indecent brother in-law spoiling married life and relations with parents!!!!!! he

Just go with your hubby.No second thoughts on your parents side.They don't know how to respect you and your husband feelings.He is a great guy.No second thoughts.Just go with your hubby.
    Your sister saved her marriage by supporting her husband and your parents saved her marriage by being nice to SIL.Then why do you need to spoil your peaceful life by fighting with your husband??He did more than what he could.There is no point of expecting more from him.He is letting you meet them...Why does you parents had demand you meet you alone when they can't respect your husband request????Think about it????

28 people like this.
  3. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Re: Indecent brother in-law spoiling married life and relations with parents!!!!!! he

I felt the same as Priya.. Go with your hubby..Try to avoid visiting them as much as possible for your happy married life...

3 people like this.
  4. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

Even I feel the same as above. Clearly tell your parents that the most you and your hubby can do is to come together to meet your parents and your sister, and it ends there. Everytime your parents request you to come alone/meet your BIL, remind them what cheap behaviour he displayed to you long back, and tell them they might have forgotten or forgiven but you cannot nor can your husband do it.

Be by your husband's side, and don't hide anything from him regarding this. You could have told him then only that your parents are inviting your sister and BIL but you are not going to meet them and are going out to meet friends or something.

Anyway, you and your husband are doing more than enough. If your parents are showing your BIL more concern at parties etc, you be with your hubby and ignore them. You should simply ignore and not entertain any requests from your parents regarding your BIL and be happy with your hubby and kid.

3 people like this.
  5. prsnfd

prsnfd Bronze IL'ite

That is crazy!!! I think your hubby is right in this case. if your parents are unable to understand you and respect your wishes..then its better to stay away....Safety first!

2 people like this.
  6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

And here I thought u were the one very uncomfortable with the way your BIL acted and informed your husband in the first place.

2 people like this.
  7. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Go to a corner and Thank the GOD for your hubby... Imagine, if he didnt force you to the way that he is expecting, what would be your situation by now. Just follow what he has asked you to do, I know you still had a soft corner on your parents.. but trust me, I cant smell jasmines in the basket of garbage

4 people like this.
  8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

There are 2 ways to see this. From your eyes and your husband's and come to a common place and take the decision accordingly.

From your eyes, it's your sister, your parents that you are neglecting as per your husbands orders and thus you are in pain. Question: Are you comfortable to move with the person who sexually hit on you? Your sister is the wife that every man dreams for, atleast the men who cheat I think. She doesn't seem to be bothered that her husband is a dog. Are you sure this is the relationship that your daughter wants to see and grow up? Your parents, they should have no say in this since its a moral issue and all they do is be supportive to both their daughters.

From your husband's eyes, the family which is so cheap and immoral, how can my daughter be safe there? What if someone misbehaves with her and she doesn't even know how to express it? Google search child abuse, close family members are the ones who mostly abuse the kids. A BIL who is supposed to be like a father, is sending cheap sex SMS to my wife and her sister and family is OK with it? Is this really a family? How can they forgive such immoral acts? Would I forgive if my cousin or brother did the same? (From what you wrote it looks like he wont)

So think, what is that you want to do. Who is thinking sensibly here and most importantly what's the best decision for your daughter and your family.

11 people like this.
  9. mohini16

mohini16 Silver IL'ite

This is insane , never heard of such thing from close relative in family. you are very lucky to have such understanding and supporting husband. Listen what he says and tell your parents how you and your husband feel about this whole matter.

Mohini

Last edited: May 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

Go with what your husband says ! I think he is right !

1 person likes this.