1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

incest

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by umasridharan, Sep 6, 2007.

1. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Yesterday I met a mother of my daughter's classmet. while having a casual chat, she told me abt a incident that happened to her first daughter who is 10 yrs. old. Her close relative was touching the girls' genitals, when that child was sleeping. she caught that old man red hand. But the worst part was when her daughter told some incidents like this to her, just like that she ignored it, thinking that the child is imagining things. luckily she alerted her daughter aswell as her reatives , who are having girls around that age. This created a big roar among the family, so she and her family came out of that joint family circle and are living separately.

This opened my eyes. Now I started teaching my daughter about bad touch and good touch. I also advised her , if somebody except me and her granny touch her private parts, she should yell or shout. She should not hide anything from me about the people's behaviour. if they behaved differently, even if they are close relatives or family friends,she should tell me about that. I told her that I always trust her.

Dear friends, if yr son or daughter is afraid of somebody or trying to hide from them, pls be careful. Enquire about that. Trust them first.

Warm regards

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Uma,
    yes it is a good thing to teach girls and boys even when they start going to school about good touch and bad touch. There is an organisation called Thulir and their main aim to educate kids upon these things. I have educated my daughter upon this and whoever I see I have told them to educate thier kids and if they cant do and if they feel they are unable to do so as a child counsellor I do it for them.

1 person likes this.
  3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Yes Chitvish,
    You are write and I have also written an article on the same line. I dont know how many viewed that. Every year there is a special day celebrated by Thulir for educating these things to the kids.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

rajmi,

I think this year there is a book released both in english and tamil this year.