1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: It goes on

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 9, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

NOT all fingers are of same LENGTH,
    but when they are BENT, all stand in EQUAL length.
    Similarly, LIFE becomes easier & stronger
    when we BEND & ADJUST to certain situation
    s.
    Sorry dearies all of you must be fed up of listening to my problems of late after I shifted to my new rented house. But what to do I cant keep anything in my heart and only when I let out everything from my heart I feel at peace,otherwise my heart is heavy.

Somehow I have organised everything in the new home though still something is left . Why I am feeling low is since my children are abroad there was noone to help me in organising everything. Since I had hipbone fracture and four operations slowly I am loosing all my strength because of which I feel very tired. My dh's niece was going to come and help but she also had some problem. Now a days I feel angry very fast because of having back pain which is due to more strain. Being in 3rd floor the water flow is less so everyday I have to pour one bucket of water in the washing machine then only it finishes its work fast.

I know all of us have some problem or other and now a days young and old have challenges to face.

Today morning I was in a very bad mood. Today is my father in law's death anniversary. Me and dh finished giving Rice and Vazakkai to the priests instead of having homam due to lack of place and my brother in law told us to come to his house as he is doing there and I get an opportunity to serve the brahmins and do other things as his wife is no more. I was very tired . We had to go to the west and my brother in law had told us to bring Jack fruit so that it will be fresh. Since the station is not very far though I told my dh to keep auto he said no we will go walking. I was very tired as my back was paining. Some how we reached the station but the Jackfruit had not arrived, so we had to wait. After waiting for one hour the Van with Jackfruit arrived. The fellow removed the Jackfruit and gave us. I told him hope you have a good sale today as we were doing the boni. In the meantime my sister phoned and I grumbled to her that my back is paining and my husband did not take an auto. She said we both are of the same rasi and going through tough times. Its all our karma so we have to patiently go through that and tell God I am not doing anything, you are only doing everything. Dont worry she said God will give you strength and this phase will also pass. Thank God that He has given the opportunity for you to buy the Jackfruit . After talking to her I felt a little light because I shared my problems with her and thought Devi has blessed me and given me strength through her. We had to climb the bridge to go to the west and from there we took an auto I was thinking after going there I wont do anything, I even told my elder brother in law' dil who had also come that you only serve the brahmins I am feeling very tired. But dontknow fromwhere God gave me the strength that I started . First applied chandan kumkum to my in law's photo , put garland and helped my brother in law in whatever way I can and was able to serve the brahmins also . Dont know where the back ache went off and I was normal.

Lucky people get opportunities; Brave people create opportunities; And Winners are those that convert problems into opportunities.That is the reason there is an old wise saying which defines Luck as : Combination of preparedness meets opportunity and Luck happens frequently to those brave people who are prepared to grab the opportunities which come their way. So let us go ahead, be brave, and be lucky.

3 people like this.

2. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Re: In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: It goes

Dear Viji Aunty
    You remind me somuch of my mom-she also has so many health problems,yet keeps going-had chikungunya,was crawling,had hypertension,was managing 2 eldrly females,yet God gave her strength somehow& till now she is still struggling but she never gives up.You have the same strength-please keep it up-We yougsters of today have 1/10th your strength,1/20 of your patience,1/30 of your common sense.Hopefully we learn something from you all how to manage life amidst all stresses-Regards Radha

1 person likes this.
  3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji Ma,

Sorry to hear that you had exert yourself so much, hope you are feeling better now.

Men, sometimes, do not realize that a women's stamina is not the same as theirs. My dad used to do that(walk for long distances saying that they can save the auto fare and that it was also an exercise and it was only near) and my mom used to be completely exhausted and be tired for next few days. Back pain is no joke and too much walking can aggravate it. Try not to walk for long distances in the hot sun ma, and if at all you have to walk, make sure you take breaks every now and then, rest for sometime and keep yourself hydrated.

1 person likes this.
  4. shrimedha

shrimedha Junior IL'ite

Dear Viji Amma,
    All your posts are valuable life lessons for our younger generation. I always feel enriched after reading them.

Thanks for the inspiring post.

Shri Medha

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radiodo, Navs and Medha you all have made my day with your first, second and third fbs and I feel I have got strength to face whatever comes. Will come back later with my individual fb to you all. Thanks dearies

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Radha dear most of the moms are like me when they become old. Sorry to know about her health problems. The present life is like that dear you youngsters have so many challenges to face and hectic life and also now a days you dont get anything natural. Thanks for making myd ay with your first fb

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Navs dear ya I am better now and getting adjusted. True dear men dont realise our weakness . My wishes for your mom,s good health. Thanks for your concern and good wishes

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Shri Medha for your appreciation, glad you like reading my posts and get enriched.