1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In the name of HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ShilpaMa, Jun 28, 2013.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

From a few recent postings... its so common for daughters to think how much their parents helped their brother and SIL and finally what they're getting in RETURN.............

Ok to start with......... In a lot of cases.... including mine...... PIL help is like disaster relief fund, as an immediate rescue and high PITCH in responsibility........... which is released from PMO office for rehabilitation and restructuring of disaster site........
    with a political agenda of not taking help from UNO (DIL's parents) and any NGO (local helps)....................
    A lot of BABUs get richer on the way... and the disaster effected person seems to be still left high and dry.........

WHY does PIL help appears as RELEASED & DISTRIBUTED to their daughters... yet not reached... the way it is for a lot of pension seekers, farmers and disaster survivors .... what all proofs they have to present in order to avail the HELP/ FUNDs. Is it so, that the BABU was in receipt of all those re-directions and hence praising??????? :coffee

Pls share your episodes of HELP and AFTERMATH, am compiling mine.

PLS NOTE: FUNDS are not related to CASH FLOW.... FUNDs of advice, lectures, physical presence and emotional support to OWN child.

17 people like this.

2. abla

abla Gold IL'ite

I think people have no clue were to start : )

6 people like this.
  3. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Shilpa,

So far no situations faced to plead funds either from PMO or UNO.
    My ILs try to keep away everyone at a safe distance as far as possible.
    They are a very close knit family (As described in Matrimonial sites;))

9 people like this.
  4. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

same here....I can write a book on this :)....

1 person likes this.
  5. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Help1

Help: Soon after marriage I moved to new city, my PILs were there to HELP me settle down till their son joined. They helped us with additional OLD furniture from their home.

Gratitude: I was glad to spend time with them, they coming imm to join me after sending off their relatives post our marriage, they supporting me working in a new city, we saving money on investing on atleast few basic furniture.

When this help got nullified: When I went to receive PILs, FIL refused to sit in same auto, he said he knows the address.... and even tho it was a 10 mins journey, me and MIL stood at hotel for 1 hr, he was taken on a ride and came back accusing/fighting with auto fellow and arrogant.
    During her stay MIL mentioned... so many ppl asked me at my home, this new fridge, car and washing machine your DIL got, so I told them no she din't get anything... infact we're building their home with our furniture. We'd told her mother to give us cash.. still nothing... and now we're buying our own stuff so that we can send them the existing one which can be disposed when they return in a year.

They fought with the owner of the house and made him renovate the toilet of the rented house. It was HELP from their perspective but yes ME and MY H had taken the home on rent AS IT IS and it was a heartburn for landlord. Infact my H only called me at office and asked me to check with my offc if I can get offc accommodation again if the landlord throws us out.

I paid for their hotel stay as well, and a good amount for setting up the house as the move was becos of me... so acc to me there was an equal contribution from H and W in this marriage.

9 people like this.
  6. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

My experience with my MIL's and sils' post natal care was so horrific that I decided not to have any more kids. In our community, the baby is born at the ILs place and not dil's parents'. In the name of care, I was confined to my room. It was peak summer in northern India but I was not allowed to even put the fan on, or open the windows, watch TV or read anything. Nobody helped if the baby cried at night. DH was travelling at that time. I had to be awake all night and as I fell asleep in the wee hrs of the morning as the baby fell asleep, I was woken up again for a massage and bath. The food was whatever they wanted to provide. Most times I vomited as soon as swallowed, for which I was criticized. Sometimes, there was so much salt that you just could not eat it. I literally went hungry for 2.5 months and trust me I am NOT a fussy eater. I begged them to give me normal food that everybody was eating and they refused. They relentlessly kept on giving me the same food. I was obviously producing very little milk, but they even refused to let me give my baby powder milk or any other milk. He was hardly growing at all. Once, sil cooked something with lot of ghee and sugar, but I could not swallow it, to which my MIL commented, bechari sil made that but she is not even eating it.

The irony is when sils had their babies, none of these rules were followed. They were allowed to eat whatever they liked and feed their babies whatever they liked and then my MIL happily stated look at sil's kids, they are so chubby.:rant:rant:rant

15 people like this.
  7. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

Dear ShilpaMa,

Thanks for starting this thread. I was looking for similar thread to start. I am adding one more, where the daughters think about their parents, that Her parents have gifted their son to DIL.

1. when ever I read the above statement in few posts, I wonder "Is bringing a girl along with the money in the name of dowry from another family for their son" is considered as Gift. :bonk ( i have different word for that, I think you naughty ladies would have guessed)

2. Aren't DILs are gifted by her parents to PIL's Son to do all household work along with dowry and a womb to bear their family name.

8 people like this.
  8. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Reminds me of all the worms infested dals my mil insisted on packing for me to take with me. And of course everything nice including my parents' gifts were kept by her and everything old, damaged, misshapen was packed for us. There was an old B&W TV that my husband got exchanged for a new color one. My MIL installed the new one in her home and packed the old one for us. :roll:

3 people like this.
  9. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

good shilpama...you also made me remember my first help...

1. My FIL took cash from my father instead of furniture saying that children can buy of their choice theirself :)....but later on we neither got furniture nor that cash from my FIL (he kept it with him never asked us once if you need it) ...we bought everything by ourself and criticized by my MIL for everything - is cheej ki kya jaroorat thi?? Also she tells me about other people purposely who got sofa, bed etc in their marriage.........:spin

2. MIL came with us for setting our house....she didn't do a bit...I can understand how can she set my house while she never set hers......she live with us till the time I had leaves and enjoyed my seva....when I started going to office and real time came for help as I was travelling 2.5 hrs (one side...5 hrs in total) for office....she gone back to her home...(it was very first time ...I felt strange but didn't give much space to it in my mind that time...)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
    7 people like this.
  10. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

FUNDS... no no... its all about MENTAL, MATERIAL and PHYSICAL help

CP, for live-in PILs there are infact clauses of DAILY HELP... as perceived by daughters of the house...
    Lemme iterate a few from the mouth of my MIL for her SIL.

My parents gave them a room in such an expensive city.
    My SIL never had to bother raising her children like me... my mom did everything for her grand kids.
    My mother was there each time a child got unwell, like how NICE it is in a combined setup.
    My mother worked a lot for us... but soon after my brother's marriage she developed body pains and was unable to help physically... me and my SIL used to do everything for the entire family.

4 people like this.